Gigs and Musicians

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
I've recently been trying to shoot more gigs and have really enjoyed dabbling in this genre. You have zero say over the quality of light so you've got to really think on your feet to capture good moments.

I'd welcome any tips from people who shoot gigs regularly as I'm an abject beginner.

P1003646.jpg

P1003550 (1).jpg

P1000509.jpg

P1040924.jpg

LumixSync_copy_2022-09-04 08_22_46 +0000RawFile.jpg

Number 3 is my favourite, with any gigs as you know the lighting can be terrible as I found out when shooting jazz pub gigs. Always try to keep eye contact when shooting plus try not to get a shot with the mic in the mouth so to speak. With gigs it's just keep on going and get plenty of practice.

Last edited:
Number 3 is my favourite, with any gigs as you know the lighting can be terrible as I found out when shooting jazz pub gigs. Always try to keep eye contact when shooting plus try not to get a shot with the mic in the mouth so to speak. With gigs it's just keep on going and get plenty of practice.
Managed to shoot some Jazz in a dark Prague basement club last year. Only had my 20-60 walkaround lens with me but grabbed a couple of decent shots.P1026407.jpg

P1026403.jpg

Back