Gimbal head - anyone use the Benro GH5C?

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'm big into rc planes and helicopters and want to get much better video of the flying this year and so have begun looking very seriously at a gimbal head. I'd looked initially at the Benro GH2 at the lower end and the Gitzo at my top end but then found the Benro GH5C and like the look of it.

Has anyone any experience of this gimbal? Handheld it is really hard to get smooth panning shots of the models flying past and a normal tripod head is useless for the job. Tried a monopod but that was also useless because of the height changes. Also thinking that it would be really light from an operational use point of view.

Thanks

Stevie

Hi all,

I'm big into rc planes and helicopters and want to get much better video of the flying this year and so have begun looking very seriously at a gimbal head. I'd looked initially at the Benro GH2 at the lower end and the Gitzo at my top end but then found the Benro GH5C and like the look of it.

Has anyone any experience of this gimbal? Handheld it is really hard to get smooth panning shots of the models flying past and a normal tripod head is useless for the job. Tried a monopod but that was also useless because of the height changes. Also thinking that it would be really light from an operational use point of view.

Thanks

Stevie

Hi, just wondered if you ever purchased this as considering one myself as I need a lighter set up....( Currently Benro AL tripod 2.9 kg and Manfrotto 393 1.7 kg to mount a 1DX & Canon 200-400 f4 1.4 ext ) The overall weight is too much for any sort of distance and see the GH5C comes in at around 1kg......Did see some reports that the receiving part for the tripod is a bit recessed on the GH5C and could be an issue so looking for somebody who has used one...[emoji106]

just bought the benro GH 2C form wex got a £50 discount will be using it with my sigma 150-600 and Nikon d850 will see how I get on

If you want a really good Gimbal at sensible money (around £185.00), look at the 'Lensmaster RH2'. Been using one for years and its as good as a wimberley, which I have also used!

At circa 1.2 kg it would save a bit of weight...not to mention ££££££....looks a bit like the manfrotto 393 cut in half .....which I don’t mind at all as I find the manfrotto solid but just a little too heavy for carrying.....[emoji106]

If you want a really good Gimbal at sensible money (around £185.00), look at the 'Lensmaster RH2'. Been using one for years and its as good as a wimberley, which I have also used!

Just around the corner from me, are you still happy with yours as I am interested in a Gimbal head.
Cheers DL

Just around the corner from me, are you still happy with yours as I am interested in a Gimbal head.
Cheers DL
The owner, GyRob, is a regular contributor on this forum, top bloke and his products always get a good review. BTW I love your username, it's what we all like to call you lot but then of course you know that! A warm welcome to the forum.

Going up this season?:LOL:

The owner, GyRob, is a regular contributor on this forum, top bloke and his products always get a good review. BTW I love your username, it's what we all like to call you lot but then of course you know that! A warm welcome to the forum.

Going up this season?:LOL:

......As Champions :giggle:
Just emailed Rob and i think this gimbal head is the right choice for me.

Back