Gimbals for Panasonic FZ1000

Name
David Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
I would really like to make better video in the New Year. I didn't mind being stranded on a tripod while I was learning but it feels intolerable now!

My question is.. I have a Panasonic FZ1000. Am I fooling myself that a gimbal is going to work?

I was looking at the DJI RSC2 which is not cheap! Will it even work?

Or are gimbals just for the high end gear?

Am I just going to be in focus hell trying to move around and video things with this set up?

David

I too have been looking at getting a gimbal for my camcorder mainly. I narrowed it down to two after a lot of research one was the
Feiyu-Tech AK2000S
what put me off was the battery had to be recharged via a USB port, so if the battery ran out of a shoot your stumped

the other I was seriously considering as you can add seperate batteries and more

ZHIYUN Weebill S

Hope this helps
one tip I have become aware of if walking and videoing is walking heel to toe (Ninga style) not easy to master without practice. lots of info on youtube

Last edited:
Gimbals are available for all levels of gear from camera phones and up, so there will for sure be options available that will balance your FZ. As @realspeed points out using any of them will require practice to get the results you want. The main choice you have for focus is to keep it fixed and make sure your subject will remain in focus during your planned camera move, or rely on your camera's autofocus. There are gimbals or additional gear available that allow you or an assistant to pull focus remotely. If you really want or need that it's more investment and more practice needed.

so if the battery ran out of a shoot your stumped

Not really - there are loads of USB power packs available so you could plug it into one of those.

FWIW, one of the Amazon reviews for the thing refers specifically to the FZ1000. (Google AK2000S and look for the Amazon link)

I too have been looking at getting a gimbal for my camcorder mainly. I narrowed it down to two after a lot of research one was the
Feiyu-Tech AK2000S
what put me off was the battery had to be recharged via a USB port, so if the battery ran out of a shoot your stumped

the other I was seriously considering as you can add seperate batteries and more

ZHIYUN Weebill S

Hope this helps
one tip I have become aware of if walking and videoing is walking heel to toe (Ninga style) not easy to master without practice. lots of info on youtube
I use an AK2000s with my FZ2000 and it works pretty well.

Back