ginger baker

Edit My Images
Yes
my six year old kid is just about to start drum lessons and asked me to find soem good drummers on youtube so i found soem keith moon and then figured i'd look for that ginger baker solo form creams last gig as i remember seeing it on telly not long beck. i found this which blew me and my kid to smithereens. my husband once got trodden on at glastonbury by ginger baker. ho hum enjoy the clip, hope youmake it to the end. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SSZgFYy5eLI

If he's gonna be a rock drummer, look out for Joey Jordison (Slipknot), Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters and Nirvana), Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters), Travis Barker (Blink 182, Plus44, Box Car Racer) or The Rev (Avenged SevenFold). All amazing drummers from some of today's greatest rock bands. And i'm sure your son might have heard of at least one of them. He could do worse than follow one of these guys. I drum myself and love listening to any style of drumming, but if your son is really serious, the best thing is Jazz Drumming, it uses patterns and timings that are very out of the ordinary, so they teach you to be very loose with your style. Hope this helps.(y)

excellent. thank you for all those links and names. i havent heard of any them except cozy powell and dave grohl. i will have fun looking at these with kiddo. time to get my ear defenders ready i think! he's definately mad enough to be a drummer. ;)

Back