Giottos Glass screen protector lifespan

Name
Denis
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering if any of you have used the Giottos Glass LCD protector, as I purchased one just over a month ago and it keeps falling off! I would have thought the adhesive they use should bond and keep the protector on much longer than a month, Your views would be appreciated. :)

I've never had one of the GGS (which look as if they are by the same manufacturer) fall off. I've broken one or two, mind you ;)

I've never had one of the GGS (which look as if they are by the same manufacturer) fall off. I've broken one or two, mind you ;)

That's what I'd expect, they'd stay on until they get brutalized. Maybe I should give EOS Mag shop a ring on Monday and see if I can get an exchange. At £25.99, replacement every month works out a bit expensive :)

I've had mine stuck on for the life of my 40D so just over a year now

Also my brother in law had one at the same time and hasn't had any problems

Send it back as faulty and hope for better luck next time

Did you give the screen a good clean before you stuck it on, perhaps there was something on the screen that has meant it didn't stick very well?

I've had mine stuck on for the life of my 40D so just over a year now

Also my brother in law had one at the same time and hasn't had any problems

Send it back as faulty and hope for better luck next time

Did you give the screen a good clean before you stuck it on, perhaps there was something on the screen that has meant it didn't stick very well?

Cheers , I am going to send it back and get a replacement. I did clean the lcd carefully before attaching it so I guess I have just been unlucky. I will hope that the next one is 100% :) Sorry for delay in replying.

Maybe I should give EOS Mag shop a ring on Monday and see if I can get an exchange.

From past experience with them, I wouldn't have thought you'd have had any problems in returning the item as a faulty unit (y)

Thanks for all your input Guys, I got in touch with EOS Magazine Shop, told them the problem with the purchase and they asked me to return the screen protector and they would send a replacement once they receive it. Sent it yesterday and with a little look may get replacement by Friday. Everything straight forward, no difficulty in arranging the exchange as with your experience Andyred.

Thanks again for your input.:)

Regards Denis

Well all I can say is there must be something peculiar about the LCD glass on my 50D as the Giottos screen protector will not stay on for more than 10minutes before coming off again. the one I have on my 40D is fine (been on for months). I can't keep sending it back for replacement so I will just have to accept it doesn't like my 50D. The surface was spotless when I attached the protector so I don't think there is much else I can do!:( Never mind though the Sun is shining perfect for clicking away in natural bliss:)

Denis

That's what I'd expect, they'd stay on until they get brutalized. Maybe I should give EOS Mag shop a ring on Monday and see if I can get an exchange. At £25.99, replacement every month works out a bit expensive :)

I missed that....£25.99????

Get the GGS one, it's a fiver, delivered ;)

I've had GGS on my 5D screen. Great protector. No air bubbles to worry about. Never have a problem :)

Thanks guys I might give the ggs a go, at that price nothing to lose(y)

Had one on my 50D for 6 months no problem, my old 400D had one for a year too, no problems at all (y)

Back