cheers
geof

xxx by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

lots of distracting red there jill
all it takes is a pull down on that colour to make the face the focal point

maybe too much...but you get my point?

cheers
geof

Dont always agree with Goefs edits but thats on the money! Really makes the shot.

Thank you for the edit I do prefer my reds a bit brighter I'll take it back into Photoshop tomorrow and tone my down a bit. Cheers

nice shot i think the answer for the reds is somewhere between the two ?

agreed...red is red...its just its a distracting element in some photos..
imho

I actually don't mind the reds I love the colours but U agree they are sometimes distracting

Great image but the edit has ripped the soul from the shot.

Just lower the luminance in the red channel a tad and add a bit of saturation to the purples and magentas to the wall art via a mask.

Last edited:

Just lower the luminance in the red channel a tad and add a bit of saturation to the purples and magentas to the wall art via a mask.

:agree:

the picture is about a girl...and her face..:geek:

the picture is about a girl...and her face..:geek:

Is it though? If that was the case why not a crop of the face? I think its a picture to show more, the surroundings, what she's wearing etc...

I like the vibrant red but can see the appeal of the edited one. Both look good in there own way. :)

I agree, I love the origional. I think there's way too many interesting draws in the backround to focus on her face however much you tone down the colours. What makes this phot special is the vibrant colours (reds and all) and shapes. The contrast of the girls pale face against the bright reds and blues ensures that her face is not lost, merley waiting to be focussed upon.

Is it though? If that was the case why not a crop of the face? I think its a picture to show more, the surroundings, what she's wearing etc...

I like the vibrant red but can see the appeal of the edited one. Both look good in there own way. :)

i think i am convinced now by that observation...its not just the girl but her surroundings
a crop would be useless
sorry:)

i think i am convinced now by that observation...its not just the girl but her surroundings
a crop would be useless
sorry:)

No need to apologise we all have our own views and opinions. That was just mine :)

Thanks for all your comments. It's my daughter in the shot I drove past this amazing wall with the graffiti and thought it would make some great shots for my portfolio so I knitted a hat and leg warmers to give a funky look I hope it worked.

pics please..:cool:

Sorry Geoffrey, I did not mean to upset you.

I have been out all day with the family at the South Lakes Wild Animal Park and here is what I did last night but forgot to post it.

6101072409_d2d3ec0f46.jpg

It is already a great shot imho.

I have been out all day with the family at the South Lakes Wild Animal Park and here is what I did last night but forgot to post it.

That's a good take on an already good shot :)

To me this is not about the red dress but one of colour balance being wrong.
I looked at colours that I can tell like the white shoes and her face made a few adjustments and
Here is how i think it should look as in what colour was her top Blue or the look in OP
6103961781_450f474133_o.jpg
original
6097183796_b74abb6be0.jpg

Last edited:
tiler65 said:
Sorry Geoffrey, I did not mean to upset you.

Thank you I like your edit

i think all in all this has been a wonderful thread
all men..and women..for all seasons
no dispute and no stone etched finality
cheers folks
geof

atm i like mrtoad's edit the most, but im a fan of the desaturated look

I like the variety though and how everybody does there own unique thing

Jack

:love:..(y)

wowowow
the converted reds in the b>w..are ace
shows you how tonality can be of great advantage
love it
cheers
geof

I love #2 in your second post with pictures, Jill. The crop, the skirt, the socks, the way her one foot is turned - it's fantastic!

inHisimage said:
I love #2 in your second post with pictures, Jill. The crop, the skirt, the socks, the way her one foot is turned - it's fantastic!

Thank you those socks really annoyed me they kept falling down I would love an assistant who could keep fixing hair clothes etc oh well maybe one day

Back