girl in shadow

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this on sunday during a shoot for a friend.
All ive done is crop it and sharpen it. would like to see what people think of it and if there is anything you would do different.

DSC_2380.jpg

Exif Info:

Camera:
Lens: 18-70
Focal Length: 18mm
Aperture: F/4.5
Exposure: 1/30
ISO: 250

This was shot handheld as well :)

is anything you would do different.

Well as it is, you have more emphasis on her legs than her face. If it was my shot I think I'd tweak it a little so her face is the brighter point. I think it would be more powerful that way.

Also, a tiny thing but I'd want to have the bottom of the wine glass included too. :)

thanks.. will give it a go when i get home tonight.

OK, I'm in danger of being castigated for objectifying women here ;) but...hell! Sue me for being a man :shrug:

I quite like the way her face is lit. My first impression was (and there's a song in here somewhere) "Nice legs, what about the boat race?" I like the way that having instantly grabbed my attention, I then have to work a little to take in the rest of the models features.
There is a great feeling of "Mata Hari" about it, an illicit meeting in a dark corner, with a rather predatory femme fatale. All she needs is a cigarette in a long holder and a hat tipped slightly over her face. Very film noir.
:clap:

Having said all that, there is something very distracting about the way her legs are SO white and her face is much warmer. It looks almost like they are someone elses legs.
I'd be inclined to make the overall shot much warmer and tone down her face if needed. Perhaps a little vignette to bring the eye away from the bright details in the corners?

I wish I could photograph people that well :shake:

Back