Girl with available light

Edit My Images
No
All these photos were taken on the same day with just available light.

3030021008_1d3138f4db.jpg

(overcast evening light)(This is the only one out of the group which was not posed, I asked her to stand in the field and I was then going to think of something for her to do, I liked the way she was standing so quickley took a photo)

3030020658_a6733236e6.jpg

(taken at the same time as 1 this time in someones garage with the doors open)

3029185995_c1bebe3004.jpg

(Taken in bright sunlight, with a California Sunbounce held over her to block out direct sunlight)

3030019606_f50e9997a0.jpg

(Taken in bright sunlight. Inside a garage so only light is from straight on)

3030018838_04ebcd71ef.jpg

(Sun behind clouds, behind her. No reflector used)

3030018390_1568caae17.jpg

(Available light)

Last edited:
well im impressed, outstanding work.

all of you dont know what you are talking about they are all rubbish!

seriously - they are brilliant but i think you knew that :p

Great set, beautiful model!

#4, #5 and #6 really are superb!!!

I love the last one, very reminiscent of some of Brett Harkness shots. (and that's high praise indeed)

Thank you all. Ali B thank you for the compliment saying that my one of my pictures is reminiscent of some of Brett Harkness's shots is unbelievable. There is probably a good reason for this and that is that I have done some of the Annabel Williams courses. (These photos were not taken on a course though I may add). I can't recomend these courses enough check them out. www.annabelwilliams.com

Last edited:
Wonderful shots and model. I'd pick the first as a favourite, black and white works really well in my opinion. On that note however, the colour in all the rest is most striking!

The colours and the skin tones on the 1ds mk III are fantastic. Just to let you know this girl is not a model infact she was very shy about having her photo taken. Her mom wanted some photos of her before she went away to university. This is why spending the day with some one and taking photos around there house and surounding area is a great way of relaxing them. She was shocked when she saw the results.

Being away from a studio enviroment is also more interesting and relaxing for me.

Love em all... each one beautifully composed and processed just right. I'm not surprised she was pleased! :clap:

Fantastic set of pictures.
Great looking model who looks really relaxed and comfortable.
Beautiful eyes and pin sharp to. :clap:

:thinking:

i am struggling with the catchlights in the 4th...

why they differ so much from 2nd :shrug:

very nice shots....

just imo

md(y)

The catchlights differ between the 4th and 2nd because they were taken a few hours appart. In different gararges a few miles appart and at the time the 4th one was taken the sun was bright with no clouds and the sunlight was bouncing of the light concrete floor outside of the garage.

thanks for taking the time to reply..(y)

i think i can see now...:D you are stood in the middle of the doorway..
its you that is splitting the catchlight into 3

which is giving the model 3 catchlights which is what i had a problem with...

i have a thing about catchlights ...:nuts:

thanks again

md(y)

very nice set indeed. The model looks relaxed and has made the pictures look very natural.

Hi, like them all but really love 1 and 6.

I'd be interested to know which annabel williams course you did and what you thought of it as i'm considering doing one at the moment but MY they are expensive!

PM me if you don't what to go '0ff topic'.

Thanks
Anna

Hi annao

The courses I've done are the 'All about weddings' course and 'Making Women
Look Fantastic'. Both courses were well worth the money they pass on a lot of information on the running of a business and photography techniques and working with the subject. Also the opertunity to network with other photographers is great.

I'm sure that I will be attending more courses and at some point if I can get the money together to do the Bespoke program I hope to do that too.

Its difficult to take in all of the information on the course months after some of it is only just clicking and if I gave myself a kick up the bum and put more of the advice that I got during the courses then I'm sure I would have more money in the bank.

I would class myself as a beginner as I have not owned a camera since I was 18 (now 38) when I worked as a photographers assistant then just over a year ago I wanted to take photography up again so I bought my first digital SLR and then after a few months booked myself on to the course at Annabel's. It saved me a lot of time of self teaching with trial and error and it gave me some ideas of how to become a professional.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing these with us Kieron :)

i absolutely love every shot and cant find anything thats not to my taste with them (y)

the models eyes are just amazing :eek:

Very professional, really like #5

Great set don't think I can pick a fault with any of them! :clap:

Absolutely stunning mate. The lighting on them is amazing and the reflections in her eyes are perfect. Spot on. :clap:

something powerful with the first one , methinks her mum will really like that one . the colour ones are also outstanding , great use of available light, tack sharp and spot on , well done.

Hi Ally

The last one is not over exposed I've just played with the curves.

Sorry your bang on. I should be more specific, its more the smooth white look to the skin with no texture, seems over exsposed to me but I take it thats the look your going for?. Still a great batch of shots! :)

really nice and naturel love them
might move to yorkshire :D ;)

Great portrait work, there :)

i like the top one and bottom one in particular.

top is whimsical and sorta french style

bottom is just very sweet,
i would crop the shoulder though then you would lose the whole bright area which dosent add anything....(y)

I like these alot. Very natural look and the fact she appears to be enjoying herself is such a bonus and makes the images more uplifting somehow

Back