Gitzo GK1545-82TQD - WEX £431.20

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Gitzo GK1545-82TQD - WEX £431.20

Very good tripod for a fantastic price. I have the 100yr anniversary model which is basically the same tripod but in different colours and came in anniversary packaging. I thought I got a good price for that model (bought on sale about a year ago) but £431.20 is a fantastic price for tripod legs and ball head.

Its quite compact and only 1450g as carbon fibre so great for travelling. £431.20 for what is probably the best traveller tripod on the market at this price is a steal and will last many many years.

Last edited:
It’s possible a new model update is coming but there really is much improvement that can be made between models.

Only downside to that combo is the head not having friction control

Park are doing the same price but only have one left.

Definitely sounds like selling off stock but still a great tripod if you can find one left at this price.

Only downside to that combo is the head not having friction control
It doesn’t have a friction knob but there is a degree of friction control on the ball as the ball isnt instantly loose. Other downsides I found before purchasing are no spiked feet available and only one leg angle before it goes flat.

To be fair it’s a travel tripod where weigh and compacted sized are key points so it’s probably a little unfair to expect more. Even with those disadvantages it’s become my most used tripod mainly due to size and weight.

When I was looking for a travel tripod I went around all the stalls at the Photography Show at the NEC to try them all out. I found the larger Gitzo travel tripod with the QD head would be my preferred option (Gitzo GK2545T-82QD) but I couldn’t find at a good price so I went with the smaller version. I’ve not regretted it since. It would be interesting to compare it against the Peak Design tripod as that wasn’t available in 2019.

Last edited:
For those that are looking for a lightweight tripod there's a comparison test in the latest issue of OnLandscape. I don't have a paid subscription myself at the moment but every issue that comes through I'm tempted again!
Are you talking about this review?

Doesn’t seem to need a subscription to read it.

Edit: interestingly it also resolves the spiked feet issue with the smaller Gitzo traveller. It mentions the 3 Legged Thing feet spikes fit as they are the same 1/4 20 thread as the smaller gitzo traveller.

Last edited:
Back