Gitzo tripod top plate hook depth

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi - I have a 3 series Gitzo and have a problem with the depth of the hook that sits under the top plate.

It's just not deep enough for the top handle of my backpack (ProTactic 450) to hook on to. I'm trying to think of a creative solution, but before I tie myself in knots, have any of you guys successfully solved this problem and if so, would you be able to let me know how, please?

Thanks in advance

I have hung about 20lbs off mine, this wasn't for stability - it was to keep my pack out of the water(!), seemed to cope quite happily.

Most packs have a hand strap at the top, as others have suggested, just put a good quality (proper) Carabiner on this strap and use that to engage the hook.

If you are on grass or a similar surface you can use a small guy rope and screw thread tent peg to anchor it down.

Works very well and no possibility of a pendulum effect that can happen with a bag if its a bit breezy

I usually use a bungee, that way its elasticated and your bag and just sit on the ground upright and your tripod has all the weight and balance needed.

Back