Give an eight year old your camera.....

lawrie29

Balloons! Yay!
Name
Lawrie
Edit My Images
Yes
The last 2 trips o the park have involved my 8 year old walking around with the camera. No direction from me at all, just shooting what she likes.

Here are what I think are her best 5.

1)

beatles.jpg

2)

leaves3.jpg

3)

stump1.jpg

4)

hands.jpg

5)

up1.jpg

So any comments are gratefully received.

Thanks

Please tell me you put it on auto for her :LOL:

Really great shots, love #2 and #5, think you need to look out Lawrie!

Yeah, it was on auto. Might stick it into manual next time.....

I was just impressed with her taking a different view on things. I was watching her across the park (i was pushing other daughter on the swing at the time) and seeing her look up, move under the tree, put her back against the trunk and then point the camera straight up was great. It is a funky tree, and I shoot the branches for the DOF, so to see her view the tree differently was good to see.

Very impressive. She's certainly got an eye for a good picture. Keep up the good work (y)

Thanks guys. I will show her comments tomorrow for encouragement!

thats might impressive by an 8 year old. i wouldn't trust my 9 year old cousin with a camera never mind take pictuers liek this!

thats might impressive by an 8 year old. i wouldn't trust my 9 year old cousin with a camera never mind take pictuers liek this!

You should! It's amazing what a different perspective they have.

I did start her on my older, cheaper camera before letting her play with this one.

She has now read the comments, says Thank You very much, and that I now have to take her to get some more!

Looks like she's been bitten by the bug. At least you know what to get her for birthday/Christmas (whichever is soonest) :)

Certainly have to aplaud those photos.
Auto or not she pressed the shutter elease and had the eye.

Thanks again !

She's good :clap:, worth encouraging her if she has the interest, and well done for letting her have a go. As has been said, youngsters see things different to us, perhaps we should learn from watching them (y)

Back