Glamaig, Sligachan, Isle of Skye.

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Just spent a week in Western Scotland, on Skye mostly.
It's going to take a fair while to get all of my shots proocessed, but here is a stab at my first pick.

IMG_1431-01-ps-web2.jpg

It is mostly of Glamaig, Sligachan.
I am sure the Scottish members can point me to the other names, but it's a glorious island and given half a chance I'd move there tomorrow.

Cheers,
Neil

Love it, not sure if it would be better a tad lighter.
Can't wait to see the others;)

Lovely light and great processing. The mono conversion has been very well done. :)
Ain't Skye a stunning place? ;)

Cheers All. Going to take a little while to process the rest :)

@Happy Haggis - Skye is a fantastic island, we stayed North in Colbost and then South on the Sleat Peninsula.

Love it - Already booked for next year, this time of the year is fab if you get a few clear hours from the rain, snow, hail and sleet!

Skye is addictive! The first time we booked we wondered if we would find enough to do for a week. We've been 4 more times since and are due back again in September for 2 weeks. :LOL:
Had a trip planned for February, but the weather and frozen pipes prevented us going. A real shame as the Cuillins look fantastic when they're covered in snow. :crying:
Looking forward to seeing some more from your trip.

Spotted this on your Flickr yesterday, and have to agree with everyone else (I hate agreeing!). Particularly love the clouds which look like they're being sucked to the brightest 'hill' on the left. (y)

Really good shot chewy, really like that.

Love the clouds and the light on the mountains... brilliant!

(y)

Love it! Great shot, well processed.

such a good shot , well done

Cheers All. I agree with Lee about the clouds and actually think that the shot wouldn't work half as well without them. I just waited a little while for them to float into the right position :)

There is so much to do is Skye, it is actually quite a big island, with the Cullin dominating it. Did make it to my favourite distillery though and purchased yet another bottle.

Stunning, well done!

That's really excellent. You see so many shots of this spot that look the same. Yours has an exceptional look to it which is very different and work really well. Dont change a thing.

Really, really like that Neil. Grandeur and also it gives a feeling that something is about to happen, probably something bad. Fantastic. Gawd I love Scotland in general and Skye in particular.

Andy

Skye is lovely, was up there for a week back in september. Will defo be going back again!

Lovely shot.

Lovely shot, I think the only thing that lets it down is the processing - you've lost all details in the shadow area.

Great shot, really like that one. Look forward to seeing the others :)

It is a great shot, although you are losing lot of detail in the bottom of the shot, maybe worth abit of crop of the bottom

Back