Glasgow at night

Edit My Images
Yes
3 Images of Glasgow city at night. We had to keep an eye around us and the back pack was constantly on my back, you never know. ;)

Large

3408176656_75055c7a78_m.jpg

Large

3408176102_357709c64f_m.jpg

Large

3407367881_1b1758afc2_m.jpg

www.dvattika.com

Nice shots Dimitri :)

Nice set Dimitri, shot 3 is the one that really excites me though!!

Nice shots, you're pretty safe around that part of town at night - it's usually full of photographers :LOL:

(y) I like them all. Great colours, choice compositions and all well executed.

The only minor thing that I might try to do, would be to find a way to add a little more contrast to that "giant wood lice" :D building on the horizon in #1, as it's a key element of the image, but tends to just blend into the similarly coloured sky a tad, IMO :|. Selectively lightening it, or darkening the sky a little, would really help to bring it out, I think.

I must say though, I'm really splitting hairs here - it's a great looking picture as it is :).

yeah your safe round there, only trouble iv has is of the police asking what i was up to and giving me hassle bout it! :cautious:

like the shots though, some lovely colours to be had there.

numero 3 for me too!

Lovely colours and bridges always win with me :)

1st and lat one are up to your usual impeccable standard Dmitri.

What I can't work out is how the second slipped through the net? You're compositions are normally so well thought out and balanced but this one is spoilt by the line of the railing cutting across the frame and the building on the LHS being cut off.

Still one of the best togs on here though.

Whit, nae Buckie, nae puke, nae fighting in the street. You sure that's Glasgow:LOL:

Lovely set ther mate(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Don't think you would any trouble around that part of Glasgow, Glaswegians are not all the same ;)
Well thought out compositions but you can see your tripod in the last one

Lovely.Very sharp and great colours. Do you consider attending Glasgow meeting of TP members on 11.04.2009 ?
I would love to but I'm expecting visitors from Australia on the 8th and no way I can slip away, I hope you have a great time and looking fwd to images.
1st and lat one are up to your usual impeccable standard Dmitri.

What I can't work out is how the second slipped through the net? You're compositions are normally so well thought out and balanced but this one is spoilt by the line of the railing cutting across the frame and the building on the LHS being cut off.

Still one of the best togs on here though.
Thank you for the kind words. ;)
The problem is that this was my very first time on shooting cityscapes and no experience on the subject is showing. Better next time.
Whit, nae Buckie, nae puke, nae fighting in the street. You sure that's Glasgow:LOL:

Lovely set ther mate
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Don't think you would any trouble around that part of Glasgow, Glaswegians are not all the same ;)
Well thought out compositions but you can see your tripod in the last one
Unavoidable evil Alex. Lights everywhere and no chance to escape. :shrug:

Know what you mean Dimitri, that's the problem with cityscapes at night, streetlights, car lights etc, we've got to be really carefully and check the frame.

Though it looks like you had a good night and the first has an excellent composition to it, well done.

Back