Glasgow Museum of Modern Art

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
My first post to this forum!

I was in Glasgow for the weekend with family. While kids went for a swim with Mum I slid out to take a couple of shots (while the statue does not have a cone on his head!).

There was a lot of people about (old firm match earlier) but they did not register on this shot. Best comment was one drunk who on seeing tripod, etc said, "Nice phone, pal!".

I had real trouble not getting other light sources into shot and the one off shot on the left still gets in. Lamposts and traffic stopped me getting any better a position. I also wanted the "Access only" sign to melt away and had to line it up with the non-lit part of the building.

Anyway what do you all think?

Gary Williamson.

From the description it's sounds great, but can't see the pics! CT tells you how to post images in forums at the top of this forum or maybe the Critiques forum (can't remember) if you're having difficulty.
If it's only me that can't see these then ignore above comment!

OOPS!! :embarasse

Very sorry and thank you for politely pointing it out.

Gary Williamson.

Now if I have followed CT's advice it should appear here and not just as a link (I hope).

IMG_1424_Museum-_of_Modern_.jpg

Like it! even better than your write-up of it, i was expecting to see a huge road sign plonked right in the middle of shot, but the sign you mention is very subtle and i found myself searching for it to see what you were talking about, so shouldn't worry.
What lens was this, looks pretty wide from the light streak distorion.

Nice shot!

HIMUPNORTH said:
Best comment was one drunk who on seeing tripod, etc said, "Nice phone, pal!".
:laugh1:
Hi gary and welcome to the forums, nice shot to start with. Never tried any night stuff yet but on my list.
Ken.

lolyton said:
What lens was this, looks pretty wide from the light streak distorion.

Thanks for the kind comments.

The shot was taken with a Sigma 15mm. I tried it first with Canon 24mm but could not get top of building in shot without chopping off too much of foreground.

Camera is EOS20D. Shot is taken at f22 with 13 second exposure and ISO set to 200.

Gary W

I LIke it! Boy that's wi......de! :woot:

I don't usually like those really wide angle shots but that works for some reason, nice one:thumb:

Back