Glasgow Photographers

Name
Davey
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

I'm looking for a camera buddy for the day Thursday 20th September . Its a historic event at Greenock i wanna be there, i dont drive :thinking: Its a historic event the QE2 will arrive & depart on its 40th anniversary trip. I'm in Glasgow southside.......... anybody????

ps its birthday day after be nice :D

i would be very interested but i leave for manchester for that day. whats the schedule. oh iam also southside of glasgow.
pbh

arrives 7 am leaves 6pm. tut tut going to manky manc land nae competition as far as i'm concerned, you can go to Manchester anytime lol just finished a little sunrise jaunt upto flag pole in Queens Park lol

would consider going down for arrival but can't make departure. let me know if your are still up for it. going to lyme park with the wifey so not really any choice. used to stay just around the corner from queens park, great autumn shots down the paths in a couple of weeks.
pbh

The departure is going to be mental to say the least given that it's a fair bet she won't be back on the Clyde. Even a normal cruise ship departure attracts a large crowd to the Esplanade to the point where parking is near impossible unless you're there at least half an hour before the departure.

Thankfully I'm local so I'll be able to catch the arrival without having to get up rediculously early so I'll do that in Greenock but I'll stick to somewhere in Gourock for the departure and avoid the chaos.

The Red Arrows are displaying at lunchtime too so I'll probably try and find somewhere unusual to watch that from (if I can slip away from work that is!).

will be going for arrival and may try and stay for red arrows if you want transport, can pick you up anywhere southside or not to far over kingston bridge, say around 05.44?will probably leave for manchester straight from there after red arrows so would drop you off if you were ready to leave. do you have plan for any particular place or shots?
unfortunatley rooms are booked so am stuck with it.
pbh

hi m8 cheers would be great. I'm next to victoria hospital not sure where your coming from.

Plans for shots nope, just found out about it last night :LOL: think i'll just wing it. Off to get polarizing filter. I'm complete noob with camera just thought it would be nice

lots in common then;). i am in crookston so pm me and we can arrange a pick up say the battlefield monument?
looking forward to it
pbh

Damnit, I'm in Raasay that day and can't get out of it.

Anyway you guys, why didn't you support our Scottish meet in Glencoe?

Well these things are surmountable, site staff is there a way we can alert all the scottish members to somethind eg the QE 2 with a pm or something??

i would have been there but i am up to my eyes in a work project thata has to be finished for me stopping for hols this friday.

The departure is going to be mental to say the least given that it's a fair bet she won't be back on the Clyde.

Oh she will, next year on her farewell tour.

The QE2 will be going back to The Clyde, Liverpool and Dublin in late 2008 before going to Dubai to be come a hotel. I have Liverpool Friday 3rd October booked in my dairy already.

The final Voyage to Dubai starts on 11 Nov 2008. Price for this trip are from £3999 to £25569 ,sorry to say the trip was sold out in 16 minutes

Dammit, and I was looking forward to it .
Are they open to a private booking? Come on chaps, a few bob in the kitty and we can hire her!!

I'll keep tabs on the bank account:LOL::LOL:

Back