Critique Glasgow Reflections - Blue hour on the Clyde

I love the third but there all great images.

Steve

Reactions: ST4
Hi Steve, i like em all but would of liked to see some small crops to tidy up the compositions a touch (especially no.2, the scaffolding on the left needs removing and maybe a small crop to the bottom getting rid of most of the dark area) and keep an eye on blown highlights.

The sigma 10-20mm generally works best at between f8 - f11 and i see you have taken these at f16, if you go to between f8-f11 you will notice you wont need as much time for your shots because of the extra light the larger aperture lets in, if i remember rightly the reviews all said there is nothing to be gained by going over f11 with this lens.

Reactions: ST4
True re the F8-11 but to get the light burst I find the smaller aperatures work best.

I found composing two, very hard, they are the in process of building another bridge over the Clyde where the scafolding is in two. I'll try re-compose/shoot when its finished.

I've got a relatively old body, so to get a good exposure of the scene, the lights will blow, do you reckon I should try and recover more highlights in PP? I've barely touched them other than sharpen, contrast, a little highlight removal, played wth colour balance etc

Back