Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
DSC_2261.jpg

DSC_2257.jpg

DSC_2256.jpg

DSC_2253.jpg

DSC_2249.jpg

Wish I had my shutter speed faster on some of the pics!

Let me know what you all think need some cc.

As you have asked for feedback...

I like the softness of the background in pic number 4.

The rest all seem too blurred, maybe try a faster shutter speed to crisp them up. The £1 and 10p look odd as they (for me) are not the focal point, again they look blurred. Picture in the back of 5 is too distracting

I dont think that the coins dropping will produce uniform splashes, the spillage in the photos looks obscure and a touch ugly - how about using a dropper? I think that shaped glass will work really well with a uniform splash

These of course are just my immediate thoughts on seeing the pictures :)

Cheers dude

It is something I have never tried and I do like em but, I think they would have looked better with a dark BG and maybe a light shining through the glass.

How about dropping something small and spherical-ish like a grape or a strawberry ? or is that a bit cliche ?

How about dropping something small and spherical-ish like a grape or a strawberry ? or is that a bit cliche ?

Good idea. Strawberry sounds good to me too, big, bright and full of contrasing textures ... yummy.

Good idea RT,(y) but for me like the others, I don't find them pretty in anyway, the backgrounds not helping either.

I doesn't have to cost anything.... For ideas...this members thread has a shot of his make-shift studio, its pretty much the same as all studios at its base.

.... you can use window light and a simple lamp for lighting instead of expensive lights, (move the studio around instead and use sheets of paper to diffuse the light softly) ... the main thing is getting that curved parabolic shape to remove any ugly seams

...some do this without the shape, just using glossy white for the bottom and back…or, in the other direction, absorbent black...this is trickier than the simple parabolic method I'd suggest.

You can use large coloured card or/and the plastic floor idea, or any mixture of anything clean and unblemished, your gonna need something waterproof for the water side of things obviously.

Hey, You could use a bath... errr, for the photography I mean.

Last edited:
I doesn't have to cost anything.... For ideas...this members thread has a shot of his make-shift studio, its pretty much the same as all studios at its base.

.... you can use window light and a simple lamp for lighting instead of expensive lights, (move the studio around instead and use sheets of paper to diffuse the light softly) ... the main thing is getting that curved parabolic shape to remove any ugly seams

...some do this without the shape, just using glossy white for the bottom and back…or, in the other direction, absorbent black...this is trickier than the simple parabolic method I'd suggest.

You can use large coloured card or/and the plastic floor idea, or any mixture of anything clean and unblemished, your gonna need something waterproof for the water side of things obviously.

Hey, You could use a bath... errr, for the photography I mean.

Cheers for the advice going to look around see if I have any perspex and large white card.

Back