Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
Beautiful, Delicate Creatures and so iridescent when the light catches them

160_zpsmavet0rz.jpg

241_zps7lnsxnka.jpg

Very delicate beauty!

A beautiful creature indeed. What lovely colours in the wings in the second. The transparency of the wings in the first has a strange and wonderful look to it too. Nice captures.
Thank you. I spent ages stalking them around till I found one settled, the 2nd was basking in the sunlight, and I hoped the effect would show

Beautiful. Really enjoyed the first shot particularly.

Cheers Dunc :)

Lovely photos and that 1st one is beautiful - wings are almost transparent. Thanks for sharing Ingrid (y)

Don't often post in here and these were taken with a Nikon 70/200 2.8 rrally pleased with how they came out

Both beautiful Ingrid :)

Thanks Trace, need to get back into things, butterflies are lovely subjects

Yes they really are and something I'd like to try more of too :)

I chased one round the garden a few days ago. He/she was an gorgeous lime green colour. I tripped around with my camera and the beggar never once alighted, despite making 3-4 tormenting trips into my territory! Grr..

I chased one round the garden a few days ago. He/she was an gorgeous lime green colour. I tripped around with my camera and the beggar never once alighted, despite making 3-4 tormenting trips into my territory! Grr..

Lol sounds familiar, I had something similar couple years back now with a huge dragonfly, I think I'm going to invent a turntable twisty seat pad thing so I can sit in the middle of the garden but spin around to all areas..funny looks here I come :D :D

Lol sounds familiar, I had something similar couple years back now with a huge dragonfly, I think I'm going to invent a turntable twisty seat pad thing so I can sit in the middle of the garden but spin around to all areas..funny looks here I come :D :D

LOL! Was thinking of something similar. Sounds like something from pilot training. I'll probably go the whole hog so if I still get nothing I can just hit the ejector button. :LOL:

LOL! Was thinking of something similar. Sounds like something from pilot training. I'll probably go the whole hog so if I still get nothing I can just hit the ejector button. :LOL:

LOL!!... I'm liking the ejector seat, that could be pretty cool... Although I have visions of you flying over the neighbours fence into a fishpond or tree or something :D

LOL!!... I'm liking the ejector seat, that could be pretty cool... Although I have visions of you flying over the neighbours fence into a fishpond or tree or something :D

Yes, that's the idea! Knowing my luck the butterfly would land on my nose upon impact with the pond, staring bewildered at my now knackered X-T1.

Yes, that's the idea! Knowing my luck the butterfly would land on my nose upon impact with the pond, staring bewildered at my now knackered X-T1.

But fish ponds = Dragonflies, so you get double the choice (y) :LOL:

Right we need to pair up and build this awesome device, not only will I capture the butterfly, albeit on your nose, but also have a winning entry to you've been framed! :woot:

Right we need to pair up and build this awesome device, not only will I capture the butterfly, albeit on your nose, but also have a winning entry to you've been framed! :woot:

Haha! Brilliant. I think we might have trashed Ingrid's thread, though. Sorry Ingrid. :oops: :$

Oops yes sorry Ingrid :)

Edit....That's a stunner!

Hee hee you are forgiven Trace :) Love a bit of banter as you know (y)
You need to find a butterfly place near you

Hee hee you are forgiven Trace :) Love a bit of banter as you know (y)
You need to find a butterfly place near you
Yep to be honest I knew you'd be cool and join in lol :D
I think there is a couple within half hour to an hour so once I have wheels again it's on my must list... Which is growing quite a bit now :)

Yep to be honest I knew you'd be cool and join in lol :D
I think there is a couple within half hour to an hour so once I have wheels again it's on my must list... Which is growing quite a bit now :)

I think there's a good butterfly event at Wisley every so often. Planning to go at some point.

I did. That's lovely! Is that my nose to the left? HAHAHA!

Stick your nose in every where :p

I think there's a good butterfly event at Wisley every so often. Planning to go at some point.

Wisley butterflies are feb/march every year and get packed out, queueing to get in can take ages and then it's packed inside, tend to avoid it.
There is one near Chichester, Earnley Butterflies, quite good, they have a website, they have owls and other birds.
Took these at Whipsnade, you must be near me I'm in sussex a few miles south of Guildford

Stick your nose in every where :p

Wisley butterflies are feb/march every year and get packed out, queueing to get in can take ages and then it's packed inside, tend to avoid it.
There is one near Chichester, Earnley Butterflies, quite good, they have a website, they have owls and other birds.
Took these at Whipsnade, you must be near me I'm in sussex a few miles south of Guildford

Funny. I'm currently in a tiny rented caravan with my 7 y/o son in East Wittering. Normally I'm close to you, just outside Chertsey.

Funny. I'm currently in a tiny rented caravan with my 7 y/o son in East Wittering. Normally I'm close to you, just outside Chertsey.

well there you go, earnley isn't that far(y) your son would love it if he likes animals

Eek I hope you've not had the awful rain and wind we had yesterday afternoon/evening!

Eek I hope you've not had the awful rain and wind we had yesterday afternoon/evening!

Yeah we have. Just come back from trying to find a lost pooch on the camping site. Heard someone walking around sobbing. Pooch now found and returned to owner but slightly wet! Little Man thought it was very exciting, though. :wacky:

Yeah we have. Just come back from trying to find a lost pooch on the camping site. Heard someone walking around sobbing. Pooch now found and returned to owner but slightly wet! Little Man thought it was very exciting, though. :wacky:
Lol I think my youngest would have too...they like little adventures like that, being a hero :D

Beautiful Ingrid the first one is my favourite on the flower lovely light and colours

Beautiful Ingrid the first one is my favourite on the flower lovely light and colours

Thanks Pete. much appreciated, still looking to get up to Chester Zoo sometime this year :)

Back