Glastonbury Tor

Why not indeed, nice lead in :)

I know exactly where you stood to get that :LOL:

Shame no owls though - I saw one there a week or so back around 6am, my usual wander out time

Les :)

I know exactly where you stood to get that :LOL:

Shame no owls though - I saw one there a week or so back around 6am, my usual wander out time

Yes it's a lovely spot and I hadn't been up there for a while, this was an hour before sunset as the light was great. Saw a marsh harrier but a bit far away for my lens.
I'm usually walking the dog at that time so that limits what wildlife photography I can do as he's a boisterous youngster :)

I'd say it needed a bigger depth of field as the main subject isn't in focus. Probably a lot of potential here on a misty morning if the Tor appears above

Yes it's a lovely spot and I hadn't been up there for a while, this was an hour before sunset as the light was great. Saw a marsh harrier but a bit far away for my lens.
I'm usually walking the dog at that time so that limits what wildlife photography I can do as he's a boisterous youngster :)

I took a nice shot very early one morning on the bridge a361 near Greylake- Local competition winner as it turned out and I am NOT a landscape photographer by any stretch

I called it " Dawn Flight"

qNOh0yh.jpg

I'd say it needed a bigger depth of field as the main subject isn't in focus. Probably a lot of potential here on a misty morning if the Tor appears above
You're quite right of course, and it's on my list to get one of the Tor in the mist. I do have a few others that have more depth of field, but weirdly I didn't set out to take any landscape shots, I was capturing shots of rhynes and watercourses with marginal plants and algae in them for a new textbook I'm contributing to and I got excited about seeing the right type of blanket weed and yes I do need to get out more! :LOL:
This would be a good candidate for focus-stacking, I think.
Now that is a good idea.
I took a nice shot very early one morning on the bridge a361 near Greylake- Local competition winner as it turned out and I am NOT a landscape photographer by any stretch

I called it " Dawn Flight"
That's a lovely shot Les and clear to see why it was a winner. I do like it out at Greylake and the Levels in general.

Back