Glasvegas. General C&C and advice wanted.

Name
Jessica
Edit My Images
Yes
Glasvegas were at Zavvi again last night. Really enjoyed their acoustic set. I'd love any feedback, good or bad, that you may have on these photos. I was shooting from the audience (but with the same restrictions as the photographers) so I couldn't move about to take pics, which is why they are all from the same angle.

Advice wise I had the following problem on a lot of my pics. A lot of the photos with the same composition as #2 had the guitar in focus but the face blurred. I'm using a 400D and set it to focus on the face (using the point focusing thingy...sorry I have terrible trouble remembering the correct names for things) Why do you think this happened? I can't really use the lens on manual focus as I cant tell when looking through the viewfinder is something is in focus:( I blame the eyes rather than the camera.

Anyway. Onto the photos:

3093251369_115638aefd.jpg

3094093032_b0924cfe6a.jpg

3093250561_b36e66d39a.jpg

3094092178_365106aacc.jpg

Thank you for looking.

i'm not personally a fan of band photos but I do like the cup-of-tea (y)

They all look pretty good to me, well composed shots. As to the focusing problem, are you selecting the focusing point manually or allowing the camera to find the focus? If you're letting the camera do it, it'll nearly always go for either the guitar or the mic, just because there shiny and the easiest to focus on.

Pssht. When I shot Glasvegas, they had the most irritating **** poor lighting set up ever. It went black, the blinding, then blue...all randomly. No flash allowed, 3 songs only. Grrr.

Pssht. When I shot Glasvegas, they had the most irritating **** poor lighting set up ever. It went black, the blinding, then blue...all randomly. No flash allowed, 3 songs only. Grrr.

Yep, first time I shot them it was like that. And it's still no flash. I guess the lighting was different on this one as it was an acoustic set.

Also just realised that a post I made in this thread has dissapeered/never showed up (?) I posted that I was choosing the focusing point. I didn't just let the camera do it's own thing. I was using "al servo" focusing mode, should I have used something like "one shot" as there was virtually no subject movement?

Yep, Glasvegas are becoming well known for their **** lighting, although, aparently on their current tour its an improvement from old but still ****.

@ stellarbeam: I recomend using One-Shot for concerts, even if the subjects moving loads i use it, the main reason is, for example, if a singer points at your camera, there's a good chance the camera will re-focus onto the finger and you'll lose the shot.

Back