Glasvegas Instore...opinions?

Name
Jessica
Edit My Images
Yes
Went along to another instore last week, Glasvegas this time. Was dissapointed with my images but have tried to do the best I can with what I shot. Should I scrap these or leave them on my flickr as a true indication of my rubishness?:LOL:

Luckily I'm treating myself to a better lens soon :woot: These were taken with the kit lens that came with my 400D and the gig was really dark with just turquoise lighting (it didn't flash or change colour or anything) I resorted to B&W on these as everything had a terrible blue tinge that I just couldn't shift.

2846062787_6196e87cc3.jpg

Used flash, which was too harsh and lost some detail.

2851670538_046c6169b2.jpg

Too much pp?

2856695665_7431005306.jpg

The flash seemed to work as I would want on this one.

2856697231_9431069a6d.jpg

Not much in the way of lighting where the bass player was.

Yes people...be as brutal as you want!

I like the first three - but not sure of the last one, I think you could possibly use the lighting of how they came out in the origionals [if I could please see one] and see how it looked, cos it could be something arty. I do like these though - nothing to be too ashamed of! - Maybe the band would actually like a couple of these too :D

Was dissapointed with my images but have tried to do the best I can with what I shot. Should I scrap these or leave them on my flickr as a true indication of my rubishness?

There's not really that much wrong with these!

Live music photography is one of the most difficult forms of professional photography and that's why there aren't too many professional music photographers around.

What I would say (and I know I've said it before in these forums) is, don't try and take shots at jaunty angles as, while you're probably taking these shots for your own amusement, no magazine or other publisher will look at this type of thing.

If you see a "music" shot in one of the niche (i.e. trendy) magazines then the angles are usually put in later by the editorial and design staff.

It's always best to make it look as if you meant to take the shot and didn't just catch a chance shot - which is always how a "squinty" photo will look!

pg32

pg32 - Many thanks for your advice. I know jaunty pics aren't ideal. A lot of the time I was just trying to get something in shot. I was in the audience so had to take all the images from one position, squashed against the barrier, lol. I know if I'm ever to do this sort of thing for real (unlikely, as much as I love it) that the pictures have to be pretty much useable right out of the camera.

dellipher - These are the images right out of the camera:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The last one I did actually do a slightly tweaked colour version of.

Back