Glen Etive reflections......

Overall I like them both. 1 probably edges it.

It feels like no1 is tilting left a little particularly in the reflections of trees. Other than that I'd just clone out the two brown patches of soil on the bottom left and we have a winner.

Overall I like them both. 1 probably edges it.

It feels like no1 is tilting left a little particularly in the reflections of trees. Other than that I'd just clone out the two brown patches of soil on the bottom left and we have a winner.
Hi
Thanks.
I did have a go at removing the 2 brown patches but failed miserably, so left them in. :D

Hi
Thanks.
I did have a go at removing the 2 brown patches but failed miserably, so left them in. :D

Photoshop healing brush tool should get it out in no time. Just sample from somewhere further right and it will be fine. For some reason lightroom gets funny with cloning on the edges.

A couple of nice images

Photoshop healing brush tool should get it out in no time. Just sample from somewhere further right and it will be fine. For some reason lightroom gets funny with cloning on the edges.
I dont have Photoshop. I use affinity photo.
I'll maybe have another go.
Thanks

Last edited:
It's me that's the problem :D

Nah, you can't underestimate the importance and power of software, camera and lenses. Maybe I should add printers to that list too.

Re 1 and the edges - simply standing on one of them and using a slightly shorter FL would have got round the issue. Rather than relying on content aware fill etc - it's easier to get the thing as right as you can in camera to make life on the computer easier.

A pair of wellies is a must have - sometimes you just need to go in a little to get the cleanest composition.

Re 1 and the edges - simply standing on one of them and using a slightly shorter FL would have got round the issue. Rather than relying on content aware fill etc - it's easier to get the thing as right as you can in camera to make life on the computer easier.

A pair of wellies is a must have - sometimes you just need to go in a little to get the cleanest composition.
I know what you mean Steve.
I do prefer to get as much right in camera tbh.
It's a learn for the future.

Both stunning shots but I particularly like the texture in picture two.:)

Back