Scotland Glencoe Flying Visit - Honey Pot Shots

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Heading to Scotland in February (COVID permitting of course) and I want to try visit the Glencoe area and get as many honey pot shots plus more as I can in the space of no more than two short days with an overnight so one sunset and sunrise.

I may get chance to expand this if the weather just happens to be perfect but I want to plan to get the “best bang for my buck” even if the weather is a bit iffy

If time I think I will venture as far West as the Glenfinnan Viaduct and the Corpach Wreck

Thoughts on other easy targets that don’t involve a silly amount of climbing (not too fit) or going too far off the beaten track as I will be by myself

Many thanks

Tony

There’s lots of relevant information in “the photographers guide to Scotland — Skye, Glencoe & the trossachs” be Ellen Bowness. I used that book for a week in Glencoe and didn’t run short of locations. I don’t have any connection with the author or publisher

Last edited:
Lots...the best fruit hangs low IMHO

Turn off the A82 at the Glen Etive sign - you'll see a small car park around 1/4 mi down on your left just before a very small bridge. Park and walk over the boggy ground.

_DSC2403 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Even easier is the buachaille etive beag - big layby round the bend - park - 5mi walk (no nasty hiking just boggy ground)

_DSC2074 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Park in the layby just past the white arched bridge near the kingshouse hotel - walk around a bit and you'll get here

_DSC3432 - 1x1 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Park in the layby near the Loch - 2 mins walk - you'll see this easily - trust me on the main road

_DSC4725 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Kilchurn castle - just google this and park on the layby opposite the castle

_DSC8609 - Version 3 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Torren Lochan - just park near the red squirrel campsite - and you can get here easily.

_DSC3164 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Last edited:
There’s lots of relevant information in “the photographers guide to Scotland — Skye, Glencoe & the trossachs” be Ellen Bowness. I used that book for a week in Glencoe and didn’t run short of locations. I don’t have any connection with the author or publisher

Many thanks Kevin,

I have that book somewhere in the house but not seen it since we moved so must dig it out.

Lots...the best fruit hangs low IMHO

Turn off the A82 at the Glen Etive sign - you'll see a small car park around 1/4 mi down on your left just before a very small bridge.

Many thanks Steve, lots of great shots there.

Back