Scotland Glencoe - Tomorrow- Very Excited

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Heading to Glencoe tomorrow for the very first time and I can’t wait to see all the sights that I have seen on these pages and many others so many times and then capture my own of course.

Very excited :)

The last time I was in Glencoe was when I was a teenager, so about 50 years ago! I can't say that I remember much about it, but a friend from the US was there a couple of weeks ago. She's well travelled and was impressed/intrigued by the scenery and its history. Enjoy!

The last time I was in Glencoe was when I was a teenager, so about 50 years ago! I can't say that I remember much about it, but a friend from the US was there a couple of weeks ago. She's well travelled and was impressed/intrigued by the scenery and its history. Enjoy!
Similar, but I have a memory of it:

The first, and only time, I’ve been there was around Summer of 1952 with the Scouts starting from Pitlochry. We trekked across the Moor in terrible weather, visibility was so bad we had to follow the telegraph lines as I remember and wading countless streams. So we were like drowned rats when we came to a building and knocked to ask permission to camp and they put us up in a barn or shed. It may have been that lady-climber’s cottage which would account for the slightly odd reception we got.

The following day was brilliant sunshine and all the hills/mountains were decorated with the tinsel-like streams gushing down after the rain I haven’t seen any photos like that either here or elsewhere.

So yes, I agree Glencoe is worth seeing — once — though maybe there’s an easier route now :).

I think it would be fair to say I'm far from a purist or a detail person but when given time which is rarely I just like to get out there and do the best I can with the time and weather conditions given. Sometimes I need to lend a helping hand but I enjoy that too. Don't be too hard on me :)

Buachille Etive More by Tony Keogh, on Flickr

Lochan na h’Achlaise by Tony Keogh, on Flickr

Lochan na h’Achlaise by Tony Keogh, on Flickr

Glenfinnan Viaduct - NEARLY a great shot :-( by Tony Keogh, on Flickr

Corpach Wreck by Tony Keogh, on Flickr

Wow, beautiful shots. How annoying that the steam train engine was backwards! You must be proud of all those shots though.

I was fuming.

Driven from Girvan the day before up to Glencoe, slept overnight in the car for sunrise (happy with that) then drove another 90 mins to the viaduct, parked up wrong and had a 40 min walk uphill with full bag. Settled in, lots of prep on composition, settings etc and then that !! Wanted to sell that one in our shop too. Still might try lol

Done a bit of "enhancing to a couple" but I don't mind that and don't feel guilty. 12 hours trying to sleep in a Kia Sportage is suffering for my art enough lol

Looks like you had a blast, that first reflection would be on my wall if it were mine.

I've never seen the steam engine run backwards, bad luck.

Back