Glenfinnan monument

I am so jealous of Scotland's scenery.
great comp, the trees are a little dark, nice clouds though :)

Great subject and good composition, however, I agree with andrew748, the trees could be a touch lighter, that would make a good shot a wonderful shot. Well done anyway.

The left trees, the right trees, the f/g trees, all of the trees?
Its easy enough to lighten them a bit, would help if you were more specific as there are lots of trees :D

bottom left corner and mid right for me, but your interpretation is key to your photo :)

I love Glenfinnan, really like the lighting on the hills. Is it me or could the monument itself be a little sharper?

bottom left corner and mid right for me, but your interpretation is key to your photo :)

They dont look too dark on my monitor (particularly in the full size version), hence the question :)

I love Glenfinnan, really like the lighting on the hills. Is it me or could the monument itself be a little sharper?

Its you :p
I hadn't sharpened this small version so that would explain it....but I have now.

Last edited:
Love it... def a place I want to shoot myself but want to get off the beaten track a little... maybe the other side of the monument etc... as it faces south means it can be tricky to shoot through the summer afternoons!

this is stunning, composition, light...everything about it is spot on for me. loads of detail & plenty to look at, the mountains keep your eye in the main part of the pic

I like that one! The trees look fine to me.

They dont look too dark on my monitor (particularly in the full size version), hence the question :)

Its you :p
I hadn't sharpened this small version so that would explain it....but I have now.

I think its mostly the effect of the reflections in the water behind it.

Didn't take any of the viaduct did you? I love that place I do...

Another classic scene and very well shot.
It's an example where puting the subject in the middle and breaking the rule of thirds works.

Very, very nice indeed. Love the patches of sunlight and the clouds and well everything actually.
I'm stopping in Arisaig in 2 weeks and will be spending some time at Glenfinnan, hoping for something along these lines.

Andy

lovely capture - like the tranquil scene and the sunlight on the hills.

Brilliant sceney, very nicely shot; adding Scotland to my list of places to visit sometime in the distant future.

Another classic scene and very well shot.
It's an example where puting the subject in the middle and breaking the rule of thirds works.

I agree, and thanks

Very, very nice indeed. Love the patches of sunlight and the clouds and well everything actually.
I'm stopping in Arisaig in 2 weeks and will be spending some time at Glenfinnan, hoping for something along these lines.

Andy

Hope you get good light Andy, thanks.

lovely capture - like the tranquil scene and the sunlight on the hills.

Cheers Tom

Brilliant sceney, very nicely shot; adding Scotland to my list of places to visit sometime in the distant future.

Thank you, and yes you should visit these parts ;)

Very nice natural view there and nice capture :D

Thank you for commenting (y)

Classic shot of a classic scene :clap:

Back