Glenoe waterfall in Autumn colurs

Name
Neil Thompson
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there

Took this shot yesterday and its the first time ive managed to get a shot where i can get the autumn colours to look well.

Its a very subtle HDR to bring in colours and stop the water blowing.

Any further hints on processing?

glenoecopy.jpg

Cheers Neil

Neil, I'm not a fan of HDR in general but this works for me. As you said its subtle and it works it has brought out the colours really well. I also like the composition.

Andy

With looking at the photo and the reading the bit at the top, I was so surprised it was HRD'd, its a fabulous photo!

Loving the colours and the leading stream... but its just not working for me.

I feel its just too busy. I don't know where to look first. And once I do focus on something I get distracted and started looking at other stuff.

I'm not a fan of, people who post I'm not a fan of HDR.

Love you picture great colours and the waterfall looks really nice!

Last edited:
Thanks for comments, not a huge HDR fan myself, but i like to use it now and again for subtle improvments. Think this was a 0ev shot combined with a -2ev shot.

@ Norvic_boy i know exactly what you mean, ill post up an edit in next day or so with a bit of a crop and some selective softening etc to try and make the river lead to the waterfall as the main subject without all the distractions.

Thanks Neil

And once I do focus on something I get distracted and started looking at other stuff.

...but isn't that a good thing in a way,the ability to have enough interest in the picture to explore it further and hopefully discover other treats etc :thinking:

Obviously there are times when poor composition can lead to distractions that add nothing to a shot

Liking the steps and Autumnal colours in this one btw
If I had to gripe,perhaps the water looks a tad 'dirty' ?

@ Norvic_boy i know exactly what you mean, ill post up an edit in next day or so with a bit of a crop and some selective softening etc to try and make the river lead to the waterfall as the main subject without all the distractions.

I look forward to it. Just for me it was just a little busy, however the rest of the image I though was great, nice colour involved (and selective softening/mixing could enhance those colours even more!) Like I said in my original post, I liked the leading line, just a few tweaks and I think it could be alot better.

...but isn't that a good thing in a way,the ability to have enough interest in the picture to explore it further and hopefully discover other treats etc :thinking:

Obviously there are times when poor composition can lead to distractions that add nothing to a shot

You can have too much of a good thing! And I think thats whats happened here. My personal opinion is that I can't udnerstand the image because of all the detail and the detail being back to front. Maybe a slightly lower aperture next time for a little more isolation of the main subject?? :shrug:

:)

Loving the shot, I think the colours are truely excellent :) I'm visiting this location on Friday :)

Just up the road from me and you have done the place justice. Lovely shot.

Back