Critique Glossy Ibis

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
These are the shots I got which I love, compared to the big crop i showed to wonder about the 7d2 vs 1d4 vs 1dx for wildlife, these are the shots i am proud to display
C&C is welcome
24296104993_9876532282_c.jpg

24295975433_8754b07b47_c.jpg

ISO 5000 and usable <3 the 1dx!
24922861675_40146e8866_c.jpg

Too dark a little perhaps? hmmm...

Last edited:
Not too dark for me, they work well ... well done :)

Thanks Gramps, anything you think i can improve for the future?

I might try to selectively clean up the background noise a little but I would be happy with these ... maybe a 'classic' pose rather than all preening but that's just being picky to give you something to work on :)

I might try to selectively clean up the background noise a little but I would be happy with these ... maybe a 'classic' pose rather than all preening but that's just being picky to give you something to work on :)
I have the classic pose but it's been done to death that i thought i'd bring something different to the forum, a bit of behaviour but i can post those if you'd like. Behaviour or something different interests me more than a standard pose. The background noise is something i definitely agree with, perhaps i can find a way to do this without affecting the quality of the shot blown up and avoid altering the bird's detail. Thanks gramps.

#2 for me is the best, like that alot.
Cheers

#1 and #2 are very good, Graeme...if these are cropped and providing you have the room, then I would try a more traditional composition, as in keeping to the dimensions of the sensor. I know everybody sees compositions in entirely different ways, but almost square crops never seem to work for me, but maybe that is just a personal thing.

Back