glossy or pearl paper

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm about to make a 7day shop order and grab some extra paper, and I have no idea which to get, both are 8x10 ilford multigrade but what is are the advantages of each?

oh and should I store paper in the fridge too?

:agree: Another vote for Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl. If you shop around you can get it at a reasonable price. It's a decent weight and has a good feel to it, which may sound silly but it does matter.

I would second (or should that be third?) Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl, great stuff.

Nigel.

I always prefer Pearl over Glossy, it seems easier to dry and handle whereas whenever I've used glossy I've tended to have 'orrid drying marks no matter how careful I've been

Was just going to add my vote for "pearl" but I see I'm too late !!

Another vote for pearl here. And only store it in the fridge if you are going to take a few years to use it up.

Steve.

To answer the other part of the question, if you don't print very frequently, it's not a bad idea to put it in the fridge.

As for the other, my preference depends on whether you're talking about RC or fiber paper. For RC, I prefer pearl / lustre , for fiber I prefer glossy. (Glossy fiber paper dries with just a bit of a sheen, like RC pearl, unless you heat dry it, which I don't.)

- CJ

Back