Gloves for freezing temperatures

Glove solution

• Photography specific gloves

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Liners + Ski glove

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Note I suffer from Raynaud's disease so I have crap circulation - but these gloves do the job for me. Well worth a look?

I have that too, hands and feet, very painful and find handwarmers are the only real solution.

Hand warmers for sure buy cheap get cheap

I'd mix the two ideas... Get a thin liner pair to wear under the ones where the finger pops off... Best of both worlds.
No taking off outer pair, and fingertips still somewhat protected...

Edit - also worth noting that a good way to get heat to your fingers is to physically force warm blood out to them. This can be achieved by doing "arm circles", you know, the typical warmup exercise everyone had to do before P.E.... Doing them with relaxed, limp arms you'l feel the blood being pushed to your hands via centrifugal force... A bonus side effect is that it will warm up the rest of you slightly too. :)

And as an added note - when looking to keep extremities warm, think about the route your blood takes... All too often you see people layer up 2-3 pairs of socks in their thick rugged boots, and then act shocked when their feet are still frozen, when they have nothing more than a pair of jeans on their legs. This is effectively like running some exposed pipe down to your shed and then wondering why the radiator down there doesn't get very warm.
The other thing to throw in to this hydration levels and metabolic rate.
We're all different.

Also how many of the above contributors have been out in -20C.

Last edited:
If I'm going somewhere really cold I will take my pair of Heat 3 Smart Gloves:

http://www.theheatcompany.com/en/gloves/heat-3-smart

If I'm going to a less extreme/general place I use a pair of fishing gloves with the thumb and one finger exposed.

However in all cases I use Warm Skin Cream :

https://www.warmskin.com/warmskin.html

It's surprising how well that works even without gloves put a pair of disposable Nitrile Gloves on as well and it really keeps the heat in.

Back