I went for the suede palm type to minimise the risk of slippage. They are a little on the bulky side, but I haven't encountered any issues. The only down side I have found is when you flip back the finger or thumb, it doesn't expose alot of skin. When I flip back the index finger it only esposes to my first (lower) knuckle. But this could be down to the sizing of the gloves.
I went for the suede palm type to minimise the risk of slippage. They are a little on the bulky side, but I haven't encountered any issues. The only down side I have found is when you flip back the finger or thumb, it doesn't expose alot of skin. When I flip back the index finger it only esposes to my first (lower) knuckle. But this could be down to the sizing of the gloves.
It’s probably more likely to be because they are designed for shooting rather than photography. Pulling the trigger on a gun probably uses a different part of the index finger (trigger likely sits in the ridge of the second knuckle so needs that whole knuckle exposed) as I’m guessing more force is required to pull the trigger than is needed to press a camera shutter (which uses the tip of the index finger).
Whilst we moan about kit that’s designed specially for photography (usually the cost) there are usually little oddities that make them specific for the activity.
The heat company gloves I’ve got come with palm zips that they manufacture to open in different directions. I enquired why and they said shooter like the zip at the thumb so they can only unzip one finger whilst skiers and walkers using poles like the zip to open the opposite way as having the zip at the thumb when closed is uncomfortable when holding poles. Combining Photography and walking with poles makes the choice a bit harder.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.