GLOVES!! What's on your hands?

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for new gloves as it seems to be getting a little chilly in the UK.
I don't like the big clunky gloves I can't seem to the hang of working the camera controls with those.
Just wondered what others find that keep your hands warm and allow easy operation of the camera. Thank You, Russ.

I have a pair of Seal Skinz gloves, the Tasburgh all weather water repellant model. Which are nice and flexible for operating a camera. But they have lots of options and I may get another thicker pair.
Plus they are a British Company.

Ruc.Pac supplied us with a few gloves for competition give-away's
Although not particularly cheap ( to my mind) the feedback from those that got them was positive.

Hi, I've just got a pair of PGYTECH Photography Gloves black Friday deal not tried them out just yet but they fit well and seam warm they have 3 fingers that fold back on to press studs will be using them on Saturday over RSPB Rainham marshes

Not the warmest but I like 'em.

When it's really cold I have a cheap pair of wool/Thinsulate fingerless gloves that are toasty.

Best I've found were neoprene gloves, they worked when wet as well. Now though I just use tactical gloves.

I have a pair of seal skinz which didn't have any seams down the fingers which helped with accuracy. They're waterproof and windprooft.
In less extreme conditions, I have a pair of Wurth Tigerflex gloves which are pretty good, thinner yet pretty durable.

A pair of Head golf gloves or a pair of ski silks (or both)

My ex company used to supply thinsulate in various thicknesses, depending on what you were doing. Great, and not too epensive for those who have to buy them!!!;)

Either dirty rigger framer or macwet.

got a few pairs of gloves .the wife bought me as a joke a few xmas ago there stretch ones from primark cost all of £1 for two pairs .. they are warm, and you can still do the camera controls while wearing them

Funny as i was waiting for that Pete and yup heat company all the way.silly expensive 3 years in superb bit warm for blighty but hey take the shell off.

still the only glove out there that one needs A levels to put on though :LOL:

Being very serious just for a mo I'm getting on spent eons grafting for my camera gear and there came a day when I simply missed images because my hands were so so cold they no longer functioned. The heat company's shell liner combo have put that to bed for a while at least.....................oh and the heat packs snuck between two thin pairs of socks will get feet warn in snow for hours with leaking boots.don't ask but I know this

Can't fault 'em bar the price mind how much do we spend on camera gear?

Well as I posted earlier (last Friday) I purchased a pair of Ruc.Pac gloves, mistake? still waiting for them to be delivered, unfortunately they use Evri for delivery, advised by Evri to be delivered 5th Dec then 20 minutes later told not so but not to worry they would deliver next day 6th Dec and yes you guessed it still waiting 7th Dec, maybe tomorrow but not holding my breath. Russ.

I have a few different pairs including several basic woollen items. ‘Techy’ pairs include:
- Tog24 ‘Windstop’ fleece gloves which I’ve had for years and are great unless it’s really cold or chucking it down. These are my preferred pair for photography and birdwatching, very comfy.
- Sealskinz ‘All weather’ something or other. Great when it‘s really wet, not so great for really cold.
- Trekmate insulated and waterproof, which I liked, but have been pinched by the missus as they fit her hands better than mine
- Reggatta insulated and waterproof, which I’ve only had a few days but so far seem pretty good.

I have some Thinsulate woollen gloves which are warm but usless for operating or holding a camera.

McWets are nice and thin and grippy but not very warm especially when a bit wet.

My go to gloves for cold weather photography is a pair of Vallerret Markhof Pro v3 gloves. Very warm, very grippy and finger openings for index finger and thumb for operating a camera or touch screen.

16:35 - Tue Dec 05
Your parcel is on its way to you today

16:44 - Tue Dec 05
Your courier estimates they'll deliver between 16:30 and 17:30 today. As this is an estimate, we'll let you know about any changes during the day

17:11 - Tue Dec 05
We're sorry, we're not able to deliver your parcel today, but we will deliver it on the next working day.

09:31 - Fri Dec 08
Your parcel is on its way to you today

09:56 - Fri Dec 08
Your courier estimates they'll deliver between 11:30 and 12:30 today. As this is an estimate, we'll let you know about any changes during the day

Sitting in hope rather than expectation:mad:

Never worn gloves with a camera but did wear golf gloves yesterday playing tennis.

Dave

woolly gloves from the pound shop because i dont over think things...

fingerless gloves? why? hahaha

Back