GMF Rally Sprint @ Sweet Lamb

Name
Rhodri
Edit My Images
Yes
This was my first event for two months, and first motorsport event using the 7D; so to say I was rusty would be an understatement! It was pretty much a warm-up for Rally GB, so I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about getting loads of variety etc.

Just to show how awful the conditions were early on:

5143669370_abfbaeb3b2_b.jpg

5143675726_bd91576f45_b.jpg

5143627048_23ce017bb0_b.jpg

5143672662_4732eb143f_b.jpg

5133075895_8005bacfbf_b.jpg

5133662186_4ab532eebd_b.jpg

All taken with a 7D and either a 70-200 f2.8L or 17-40L

Cheers,

Rhod

conditions do look very tricky but really liking 1 + 2

1 - Great low angle, sharp, a really good action shot with a dab of oppo. Great to see mantas still rallying.

2 - loving the desaturated look with the feeling of isolation from the bleak surroundings, nice panning I sorta feel it looks like a screenshot from a rally game

Last edited:
I like the last two,Rhod ,but as a set composition wise they are not up to your usual standard.
Are there none from later in the day when the light was better.
"Brilliant ","Awesome",no.
Regards,
Pons

Last edited:
conditions do look very tricky but really liking 1 + 2

1 - Great low angle, sharp, a really good action shot with a dab of oppo. Great to see mantas still rallying.

2 - loving the desaturated look with the feeling of isolation from the bleak surroundings, nice panning I sorta feel it looks like a screenshot from a rally game

Thanks Alex.

Again brilliant rhod! really made the most of that 'natural' splash :)

love them all but the sunbeam coming out the corner just has something i really like !!

Was a great day, glad me and phil caught up with you early on!

Cheers mate, really enjoyed the day. We did quite well at that splash I think!

I like the last two,Rhod ,but as a set composition wise they are not up to your usual standard.
Regards,
Pons

Cheers mate, although like I said in my original post I wasn't there to do anything fancy. It was literally just go through the motions to check the settings with the new camera ready for WRGB.

Rhod

Regards,
Pons

will have to correct you pons (im in one of them moods) ;)

the sunbeam and saxo shots are from the afternoon

sorry just me being picky :p

Nice set Rhod
No1 looks like typical Sweetlamb weather :p
Like 3,4,5 & 6 the best
How did you get on with the 7D mate,you sussed it all out yet?
Pete

Nice set Rhod
No1 looks like typical Sweetlamb weather :p
Like 3,4,5 & 6 the best
How did you get on with the 7D mate,you sussed it all out yet?
Pete

Cheers Pete, think I got the hang of it and realised on the weekend what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the advice mate!

Rhod

Excellent, especially loving the older stuff, Mantas have to be the prettiest car ever built....

Cheers Pete, think I got the hang of it and realised on the weekend what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the advice mate!

Rhod

No worries mate (y)
Look forward to seeing some more of your cracking shots from rally gb!

Absolutely love #2. (y) Really captures the 'down and dirty' aspect of loose rallies, as well as a real sense of speed.

Just looking at these might encourage me to attend the Wales GB rally next weekend in Cardiff. Great photos

Back