Go easy on me...

Edit My Images
Yes
On Sunday i was kindly invited to Rg-Toms house as he was having a home studio day. :)

This was my first time ever in a studio type environment and i watched in awe as he directed and shot the models, and then he said it was my go... :help:

Sarah Jane
IMG_8712.jpg

Emma Stacey
IMG_8740.jpg

These are my favourite shots from the day, and tbh, i was shocked that i was happy with any, being my first ever time in that kind of situation.

It has really sparked off my interest in photography again, as before now 99% of my shot have been motorsport, as i didnt think id enjoy portrait anywhere near as much.

Last edited:
I prefer #1 which I think is a good composition with interesting colours and a model who is participating. My quibble with #2 is that the backdrop has variable shades in it. I'm hoping that this is a crop and the full version has the top of her head. I'd have been scared witless so I think this an excellent effort.

Thanks for that, 1st one is Rg-Toms girlfriend who has done lots of this kind of stuff before, number 2 is indeed a crop, but i deliberately took the top of her head off to kind frame the face a little...

Here is a differant crop i was looking at of the same image, which i think takes something away from those lovely eyes and lips. :shrug:
IMG_8740recrop.jpg

As for the title i wasnt being serious, please give me as much negative crit as possible, that is, after practice, the only way im going to get better at this kind of thing. :)

Last edited:
I think #3 is better than #2. The background's faults have gone and now we can all of her head. Many thanks.

First off, I agree with above, 3 is a better crop than 2.

I think 1 is very nicely done but I think the White Balance might be off-a-bit. Surely she's not supposed to be so blue?

Back