Go gentle, a few more added in comments

She's growing up, isn't she? Good to have you back too. :)

I see you're using that 3 light set up that was discussed here a while back. The light is flattering, but 1, 2 and 5 seem to have skin hotspots. Are you shooting film or digital now?

Nice photos but I can't quite take the 3 reflections in the eyes but I got nothing useful to offer :dummy:

She's growing up, isn't she? Good to have you back too. :)

I see you're using that 3 light set up that was discussed here a while back. The light is flattering, but 1, 2 and 5 seem to have skin hotspots. Are you shooting film or digital now?

Thanks for looking. Agreed it's a bit hot in places. Her skin is a bit patchy at the mo, for which she's on some meds. Coupled with me being rusty has led to some hot spots!

Welcome back!

I think you've done a great job of capturing her as both a girl and as a young woman.
I like the catchlights but wonder whether the bottom light was a bit bright?

Cheers @juggler

Almost certainly now I look at it. I have to confess to setting it up in a hurry as Sophia had asked me to take pics and we had a million jobs to do. Didn't spend a lot of time sorting it out, just threw the lights up. I did feel very rusty doing it. Hopefully more again soon though.

Lovely set, I love the catch lights makes me think of Peter Hurley.

That point and shoot is a belter !
Joking apart (although each is deffo a keeper), I have missed your work, you always manage to produce quality and get the best from the subject.
Expressions and character burst through.
Must admit though, the 3 catchlights (esp No1) is not my flavour.
Sophia smile No5 is pure joy.

That point and shoot is a belter !
Joking apart (although each is deffo a keeper), I have missed your work, you always manage to produce quality and get the best from the subject.
Expressions and character burst through.
Must admit though, the 3 catchlights (esp No1) is not my flavour.
Sophia smile No5 is pure joy.

It's marmite with the catchlights and I do wonder about going a bit simpler next time.

The Sony rx100 compact triggered the lights with its pop up so I took a quick couple! It is a belting little camera!

Wow Shaheed, she is growing into a young lady very quickly! What a heart breaker :) Love the first "fur" image ... even if the light seems a tad hot on her cheek. The last is pretty decent too.

Very impressive photography.

Thank you[emoji1474]

Love the first one; very Audrey Heburn-esque.

Thanks. Although I do like this shot and the light in general, I do wonder about different catchlights and whether it might look better simpler!

A delightful return to your masterful B&W skill set.

Thank you, very kind [emoji1474]

Wow Shaheed, she is growing into a young lady very quickly! What a heart breaker :) Love the first "fur" image ... even if the light seems a tad hot on her cheek. The last is pretty decent too.

Yep, a couple were a bit hot in places.....will address that next time!

Back