Go on then, speculate on Nikon's announcement next week....

I stand by my comment in post 27:)

Ok I relented and bought a secondhand but mint D300 :) will be building up my camera fund pot again so when the D800 is released I can maybe get a D700 secondhand! :)

dazman325 said:
They may be trying to shift a few more before announcing a new model??

http://www.nikon.co.uk/sites/d300soffer/index.html

I thought that when I recieved the Nikon Pro e-mail this afternoon.

I'd really like it to be a pro body DX camera but my money's on a 24Mp upgrade to the D300 based on the Sony sensor as unveiled in their new camera this week. It would make sense that Sony would get first dibs on unveiling new tech, seeing as they actually developed it. I can't wait to find out how Nikon utilise it though.

Aled

You were saying...? :LOL::LOL:

63212_159288.jpg

Nikon-LIGHT-GREY-AF-S-28-70mm-f2.8D-ED-IF-Lens.jpg

3124917191_57772afc25.jpg

Graham - I've made man-mess...... :)

So it looks as though the mirrorless will be unveiled on the 21st Sept, but a DSLR related announcement day is expected on the 8th of Sept (next thurs). This would be great, but it's awfully quiet out there for it to be something big!?!

Looks like the mirrorless will debut the new 'expeed 3' image processor. Fingers crossed for this hitting the d4/d800.

So it looks as though the mirrorless will be unveiled on the 21st Sept, but a DSLR related announcement day is expected on the 8th of Sept (next thurs). This would be great, but it's awfully quiet out there for it to be something big!?!

Looks like the mirrorless will debut the new 'expeed 3' image processor. Fingers crossed for this hitting the d4/d800.

Roll on next Thursday then- hopefully they'll do something innovative and stick two processors in the camera just to be sure it works well:D

If I thought they were going to resolve some fundamentals I wouldn't be worried about their foray into the mirrorless world- trouble is, I get the feeling that the eye is thoroughly off the core business but we shall see.

I personally think they will announce that they are thinking about making some new stuff and would like to know customers suggestions lol

Well it would be nice if they built something customers wanted rather than what they 'think' customers want:LOL:

For £200k pa (+bonus) as Head of Strategic Change I'd give them a couple of suggestions:D

I couldn't actually wait until Thursday so I had emailed Nikon last week myself and gave them a few pointers:LOL:

I even got a response but I was saving that until Thursday to see if I could match their reply to their press release. It was all pretty standard corporate response- comments welcome, thoughts will be discussed in future design meetings, looking to build best quality products etc etc. No tip offs I'm afraid;)

Looks like I'll need to go higher up the tree now and rattle a few branches there. Be entertaining trying to write in Japanese if anything else:D

/CUE_DRUMROLL

and the annoucement is......the D3100 is available in red!......

/CUE_DISSAPOINTMENT

sigh.... roll on 21st, but so far that is billed as being mirrorless only.

Sod them. I'm now just gonna get another D700.

Talk about setting yourself up for a fall:LOL:

Out of curiosity, I did wonder why their URL didn't match their strap-line and had to investigate- for a second as I waited for the page to load I suddenly thought that that might not be my best idea but it was fine;). It does beg the question that they couldn't spend a few thousand to get a non entity URL for their revolutionary announcement but hey ho.
So, not long now but paint dries faster...:LOL:

Edit- mmm... not convinced it's official- reloading another page and the clocks are different- even Nikon wouldn't screw that up

Last edited:
Well, I'm undecided what I think of Nikon's announcement

I suppose they have added some different frame rates for video so I can't complain too much but I'm sure I could:LOL:

It's an interesting strategy to go from having none to launching with two.
Not sure I buy into the sensor size article yet. Time will tell.

Come on the DSLR's:D

what worries me is they have released a bunch of lenses that they hardly make any mention of. the lens is supossed to be the most important part of the imaging system.

Starting to think that Nikon are loosing there way a bit.

Stuart

Back