Go Pro

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a friend who is looking to buy her husband a camera for his 50th. Her budget around £300-350.

She is thinking of getting a GoPro - her husband is not a photographer per se - but they travel a lot, are learning scuba diving later in the year and are pretty active.

It is a present so she would want to buy new.

Question - she was puzzled by the range and asked me if this was a sensible idea, and if so which one. THe sensible idea is not something you can help with :) but Hero 5 or Hero 4 - is there much difference for the non-serious photographer - and should she be looking at something else - with that budget?

thanks in advance
Brian

I'm not an experienced go pro person or someone who's professional but in my opinion I think it depends on what your after really... I own a GoPro hero4 session and I picked it up for £150 brand new. It's simple to use 1080p but doesn't have 4K or a screen so you can't see what your filming exactly (unless you hook it up to your phone first) in my opinion it all depends on what your after from the camera and how often your going to use it would depend on which model to go for :)

Santa bought my 13 year old a Hero5 black. Its really easy to use and you can control it via your smartphone if you want. The one he has is waterproof ( but only to 10m so maybe not good for scuba without another case ), and the rear screen is invaluable to see what you are doing. Its also stabilized which makes for smoother videos

there's a comparison here

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/gopro-hero5-black-vs-hero4-black

yes, my son finds the battery lasts about an hour and a quarter so a spare is good.

I don't use a GoPro either but with the intended uses in mind it seems a good option to me ... as for which one, the best she can afford which also includes a case suitable for scuba use. :)

Back