Goatherder and dog.

Name
Barbara
Edit My Images
No
This was a picture I took on my way up Mulhacen the highest mountain on Mainland Spain. It's in the Sierra Nevada. We had stopped for our sandwiches and he suddenly appeared pulling himself up the side of the mountain with a pickaxe. He looked a bit scary at first appearing out of nowhere, but he was a really nice man, and sat with us while we had our sandwiches. He talked a lot and told us that he was Andreas from Pitres. We were not sure much what else he talked about as he spoke very fast Spanish, so we just nodded.

I took this picture with my Casio Point and Shoot, as that was all I had the energy to drag up the mountain.

2462910344_1f8e91e7c5_o.jpg

Thats a nice shot.

The dog looks absolutely knackered :LOL:

Great capture :D

Andreas looks like a nice bloke although, yup, his doggie does look the worse for wear Lol

Thats a nice shot.

The dog looks absolutely knackered :LOL:

Great capture :D

Andreas looks like a nice bloke although, yup, his doggie does look the worse for wear Lol
Thank you for your kind comments.
He was a lovely dog and they both seemed devoted to each other. I think he had the biggest share of Andreas's dinner. The next day when we saw them Andreas's was rounding the goats up and the dog was enjoying a bath in the one of the streams which flowed down from the high slopes. I certainly don't think he was ill treated.:hug:

Back