Godox 685S, X1 and the Sony A7RIV

Name
Aidan Mincher
Edit My Images
No
Firstly apologies if this has been asked before. I have checked but I couldn't see anything.

So I was wondering if the Godox 685S and the Godox X1 works with the Sony A7RIV. I've looked on line and not been able to find anywhere where it says that they do. I've used the Godox 685C with my old Canon 5DIII and that worked really well so was going to go with the Sony version but thought I would check before I purchase.

You should be able to buy a Sony x1 and fire the 685C if you’ve still got it.

Firstly apologies if this has been asked before. I have checked but I couldn't see anything.

So I was wondering if the Godox 685S and the Godox X1 works with the Sony A7RIV. I've looked on line and not been able to find anywhere where it says that they do. I've used the Godox 685C with my old Canon 5DIII and that worked really well so was going to go with the Sony version but thought I would check before I purchase.
Yes it will, but I'd do as Phil suggested.....if you still have your old flash.

You should be able to buy a Sony x1 and fire the 685C if you’ve still got it.
So the Sony version of the Godox X1 will talk to the Canon version of the 685 Phil? I’ve still got that so that would be pretty cool

So the Sony version of the Godox X1 will talk to the Canon version of the 685 Phil? I’ve still got that so that would be pretty cool

Yep;
All the Godox remotes translate camera flash control language into the Godox language. So you can't put a Sony flash onto a Canon camera, but you can hook it up with a remote.

Yep;
All the Godox remotes translate camera flash control language into the Godox language. So you can't put a Sony flash onto a Canon camera, but you can hook it up with a remote.
Thanks Phil. That’s saved me some money

Back