Godox AD200 development

Last edited:
Cheers (y)

I'm just wondering though, if links have been pulled because that's maybe not the finished product? Do you have any insight on that Mike?

Cheers (y)

I'm just wondering though, if links have been pulled because that's maybe not the finished product? Do you have any insight on that Mike?

Unfortunately no inside track on this but it does look very similar to an idea proposed by the operator of the flash- havoc site a while back.

Personally seeing that the last of their lights got firmware updates for Fuji, Panasonic and Olympus today the much awaited Fuji trigger will be with us very soon and that really is interesting

Mike

Looks like a step in the right direction for modular. Will be keeping an eye on this.

Why is it EVERY time I think - right this is it - I know what more powerful strobist gear to buy :)

Something changes and I'm back to square one :(

lol

Dave

There are several possibilities Dave.

a) You're an artist, constantly challenging the status quo and pushing back creative boundaries
b) Gear whore
c) Dithering nincompoop

:D

a) You're an artist, constantly challenging the status quo and pushing back creative boundaries
b) Gear whore
c) Dithering nincompoop

C is defo closest :agree:

But dithering comes from my desire for more power and my total lack of arsedness to really read up on what would suit me best lol

Dave

b) Gear whore
c) Dithering nincompoop

Dithering nincompoop :thinking:

Dithering nincompoop :thinking:

Probably doesn't translate well ;)

Nincompoop - a person who lacks good sense or judgment.
Synonyms berk [British], booby, charlie (also charley) [British], cuckoo, ding-a-ling, dingbat, ding-dong, dipstick, doofus [slang], featherhead, git [British], goose, half-wit, jackass, lunatic, mooncalf, fool, ninny, ninnyhammer, nit [chiefly British], nitwit, nut, nutcase, simp, simpleton, turkey, yo-yoRelated Words daredevil; madman, madwoman; airhead, birdbrain, blockhead, cretin, dodo, dolt, donkey, dope, dork [slang], dumbbell, dummy, dunce, fathead, gander, goon, half-wit, idiot, ignoramus, imbecile, know-nothing, knucklehead, moron, numskull (ornumbskull), pinhead, schlub (also shlub) [slang], schlump [slang], schnook [slang], stock; featherbrain, scatterbrain; butt, dupe, laughingstock, mockery, monkey; chump, loser, schlemiel (also shlemiel); character, codger, crackbrain, crackpot, crank, kook, oddball, screwball, weirdo

C is defo closest :agree:

But dithering comes from my desire for more power and my total lack of arsedness to really read up on what would suit me best lol

Dave

It's not easy is it?! But for sheer power, it's the AD600 with punchy HSS too, and not forgetting the 1200Ws head option (y) AD600 is the closest yet to a one-stop total solution, indoors and out, and the AD200 doesn't really change that. Profoto B1 also comes close, at a price, but then you'd need a different system for speedlights and I just couldn't work without a few of those. Lithium powered Godox speedlites (no AAs - hoorah!) are appealing.

I think at that point you're better off getting the AD600 rather than using two AD200s as battery packs... And I think there would be more potential benefits/creative options running the 2 AD200s *with* their own bulbs side-by-side if you are going that route.

The absolute dog's, essential part of my gear

Mike

@soeren ;) he actually means they're 'outstanding'

Edit: can't post an explanatory link as the swear filter deletes it! Google Dogs Testicles, but change Testicles to b*****ks!

Last edited:
@soeren ;) he actually means they're 'outstanding'

Edit: can't post an explanatory link as the swear filter deletes it! Google Dogs Testicles, but change Testicles to b*****ks!
:LOL:
Thanks for the explanations. *olloc**? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:fuji:I got into the Godox 850s for my Fujis and i loved them, having a lithium battery with 200 plus shots.
I love my AD 200for its form factor and power
Lets hope we get a trigger for Fuji soon!

It's not easy is it?! But for sheer power, it's the AD600 with punchy HSS too, and not forgetting the 1200Ws head option (y) AD600 is the closest yet to a one-stop total solution, indoors and out, and the AD200 doesn't really change that. Profoto B1 also comes close, at a price, but then you'd need a different system for speedlights and I just couldn't work without a few of those. Lithium powered Godox speedlites (no AAs - hoorah!) are appealing.
That's what I told @DG Phototraining at the NEC.

I suspect the answer is D, too Yorkshire to commit to the spend ;)

Last edited:
I see the LED attachment is available on Amazon, when it's available on prime I'll order one I think. Could be a useful addition for £20!

I see the LED attachment is available on Amazon, when it's available on prime I'll order one I think. Could be a useful addition for £20!

Do you have the link please Tim

What's the advantages or the led head? Guess there will be some disadvantages as well?

What's the advantages or the led head? Guess there will be some disadvantages as well?

It's a video light, with "super quiet heat dissipation" apparently.

I can't see many stills shooters getting over excited, though they have their uses, but as a £20 conversion for video it's a steal :)

It's a video light, with "super quiet heat dissipation" apparently.

I can't see many stills shooters getting over excited, though they have their uses, but as a £20 conversion for video it's a steal :)

For £20 it may get you out of a hole. Can be used to help focus in dark (as a kind of torch), can be used to find something in your car when it's dark and you're at an event. Can also be used creatively for stills.

Just had a very positive shopping experience with Essential. They are currently doing the pixapro Ad200 equiv @ £290 with a free speedlite adapter. Because I already have a couple of the holders I asked if they could forego that offer and give me the AD-B2 instead. They kindly obliged and I'll just have to wait for the AD-B2 as they are still on pre-order

Reactions: TG.
Managed to grab a AD200 LED head, and after upgrading the firmware on the AD200 it’s andecent piece of kit. 3 different brightness options.

Back