Godox ad200 rear curtain sync

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Got a Godox ad200, xpro trigger & a canon 5dmk3 (7dmk2 also) Surprisingly there seems to be absolutely no option either in camera menu or on trigger to allow rear curtain sync. Apparently it's something to do with canon's dislike of 3rd party accessories. Anybody on here found a workaround?

Got a Godox ad200, xpro trigger & a canon 5dmk3 (7dmk2 also) Surprisingly there seems to be absolutely no option either in camera menu or on trigger to allow rear curtain sync. Apparently it's something to do with canon's dislike of 3rd party accessories. Anybody on here found a workaround?

Not the reason and simply set by pressing the sync button twice, first press HSS and second is rear curtain sync. All detailed in the instructions, page 39 i think

On Nikon you simply set in camera

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. Sorry, wasn't clear on origional post, the option is on the xpro flash controller however once connected to either the 5dmk3 or the 7dmk2 the flash will only fire first curtain. checking the in camera menu for flash control it does not give the option for rear curtain, only hss & first curtain.
when using my yongnuo flash/controller setup on both cameras i can set it first/rear/hss both on the controller & via the in camera menu.
Assuming from the certanty of your reply you have had experience with using the canon/godox setup? From that I'm wondering if either I'm missing something completely obvious or the potential of a faulty unit.

Last edited:
Just a thought, and a bit of along shot tbh, as you had it working with the Yongnuo triggers, but just in case coincidence is playing up: make sure your shutter speed is low enough for rear curtain to make sense: above x-sync speeds (when the rear curtain starts moving before the front curtain completes its travel) rear curtain sync occurs before front curtain sync, and most camera systems will then prevent setting rear curtain sync. The threshold can be a lot lower too - some cameras need a shutter speed lower than 1/30th to engage rear curtain sync.

Also check for any firmware updates from Godox

Back