Godox AD360 Ii

The trigger and the light work together ok on the D850? That leaves either the connection between the D5 and the trigger, or a setting on the D5. The AD360 (somewhat optimistically :p ) has a hot foot: does it fire on-camera? Check the flash isn't disabled (set to "off" rather than front/rear/) etc. I don't have a D5 but assuming the buttons are in similar places to the D8xx series cameras, you hold down the flash button on the left of the prism housing and twiddle the command wheels to change the flash settings.

Check the camera hot shoe for debris - just a tiny piece of bubble wrap kept me guessing for 10 minutes once.

Last edited:
Firmware all up to date on camera but not checked flash- will do this next. Hotshoe spotless and so is flash. About to go through camera settings but given no built in flash it should be ok. Been a while since i used the Godox so likely i have did something to change a setting or two.

Ok i seem to have got it. When on the orange screen the radio transmission wasnt showing, a few presses managed to get this and its firing ok now. Must have changed this the last time with my D850 as it was ok then.

one last questions- can i have the AD360 set to fire my Nikon SB900 when both are off camera? The only controller i have is tge Godox X1N? Thanks.

Just use the 900 as an optical slave. (y)
Thanks, I didn’t even know the SB900 had an SU-4 mode. Easy to find as well and works a treat. Now got a 2 off camera light possibility for when I want it. Thanks to those who replied.

Back