godox ad360 v2

Edit My Images
No
at present i hav 5 200w bowens studio lights
im looking at getting a couple of godox ad360 v2 lights
i generally only use them for studio shots of our extended families in my converted garage
but i like the portability and the remote control aspect of the godox lights
anyone have any good or bad to say about these lights ??
do they have the capacity to be plugged into 240v ?

I have three and love them - use them with my Nikon D4 and film cameras. Not sure if there is a mains adaptor but the batteries last ages!

I am looking at selling one of the three and may well put an add in the classifieds for it.

Last edited:
i generally only use them for studio shots of our extended families in my converted garage

Look at the AD200, no cables, bit bigger than a hotshoe flash and IIRC very similar level of light output to the AD360.

The AD360's main feature is the two-piece design with flash head and battery as separate components, particularly suited to mobile social event photography. Main drawback is lack of a modelling light for studio use.

AD360 was the one that really put Godox on the map. It's since been eclipsed by the newer AD200 which is a great little head in its own right and it's modular design and multitude of affordable adapters and accessories give it unparalleled versatility. Then there are the AD400 and AD600 heads that are more powerful and pretty much state of the art battery monolights.

A major feature of the Godox range is that it extends from speedlights to studio heads to powerful battery units, all running off a common on-camera master controller - a total flash system. Few other brands offer that, and nobody else can touch them for choice, performance and value.

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with the AD360 but due to its age it feels overpriced compared to the AD200 or AD600BM.

I'd favour the AD600BM, same cost for the loss of TTL (is that important to you?), better specification, modelling light, takes modifiers directly, can be run off mains power (if you buy the adapter) and where possible it's best to avoid relying on batteries if you don't need them. Ergonomics probably favour the AD360 as it's smaller and lighter but not a self contained unit.

As said the lack of modelling lights can be a pain in the backside, I have the AD180 and find it difficult to envisage where the light will fall without shooting a lot of test shots.

The other thing is I believe the mk2 versions only come in Canon & Nikon mounts for the ttl features.

I think probably the best all round low wattage light at present is the Godox AD400 pro, great power range (1/256 - 1/1) and a decent modelling led lamp built in along with HSS & Multi sync etc.

Back