Godox ad400 pro battery - unresponsive

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve got an ad-400 pro head I purchased in October - tried to switch it on tonight - it was totally unresponsive - plugging into the charger the green lights run through one cycle then turn off - and the power led remains red but nothing appears to be charging. The retailer has already offered to replace the battery but wondering if anyone has experienced similar? I hadn’t used it for 3 weeks while travelling, but I’m sure I’d left it in a good state of charge.

I'm just ruling out me missing something obvious or doing something ludicrously wrong :)

Funnily enough I did the same about a week ago, it will totydischarge battery, just recharge

Mike
It’s been plugged in to the mains for about 5 hours - the battery hasn’t even gotten warm...

I had a similar experience with a lithium battery, I had a large collection of them and it was probably my best one. I pull out the pack one day to use, it's completely dead and the battery refuses to charge, manufactured in 2013 and dead in 2018 with zero warning (I've still got a few batteries from then that are happily working).

I don't have a technical explanation for what happened, it was connected to a pack in a flight case but normally that only results in a tiny drain when it's off and it was only off for two weeks at the most. Might be the case that if something goes wrong with the battery that the controller prevents any further use? Just a guess.

Lithium batteries have a built in curcuit that puts them into sleep mode if they fall below a certain level. If you haven't used it for a while that may be the cause. You may need to get it "woken up". The early Elinchrom Quadra lithium batteries used to do this and I had to send mine to the FlashCentre to get them woken up. The newer Quadra units have the functionality built in.

Regards...

Lithium batteries have a built in curcuit that puts them into sleep mode if they fall below a certain level. If you haven't used it for a while that may be the cause. You may need to get it "woken up". The early Elinchrom Quadra lithium batteries used to do this and I had to send mine to the FlashCentre to get them woken up. The newer Quadra units have the functionality built in.

Regards...

It was 3 weeks - after a full charge. As Mike mentioned above - it may be linked to the fact that although fully charged - it had been left connected to an unplugged mains charger. The battery was changed today - so I won't be leaving it connected again.

The battery on my AD600 died recently too and when I tried to charge it did the same as you have described.
Mine was fine, I put it to charged and when I went back an hour later only the red light was on and since then it did not charge/work...I had to buy a spare one.

Back