Godox AD600 wit Sony Camera Not Firing at Times

As Phil alread mentioned, you can wake the flash by half-press of shutter button a few seconds before you intend to take a shot.
Also, sometimes flash units have a user-settable interval for it to go into sleep mode...set it to a longer interval, or even to NOT go to sleep.
Thank you for that suggestion. I have checked every setting on several occasions looking for a sleep mode but I haven't found any such setting yet. But I suppose a manufacturer wouldn't even provide an option for a sleep mode after 10 seconds. I have back button focus turned on and that hasn't been something that "awakes" the strobes, at least with this particular setup. However, I will make a point to try the half shutter to see if that makes a difference. Even when I fire the strobes via the test button, that still doesn't give me a solid remedy against this non-fire issue though. Its just something that seems to work some of the time, at least from a "we don't know whats going on here" perspective. I do a smaller setup on occasion with AD200s and I never seem to have this issue, its only with the AD600s, using the same slave master(s).

Thanks @HoppyUK .

I have just done a few tests and it happens with all of my flashes, AD600, V860II and AD360ii.

It seems to be the Xpro Transmitter, I have tried with a X1 transmitter for Nikon, although I'm a Sony camera now, and it fires fine all the time, with the Xpro it misses lots of flashes.

Are there any known problems with the Xpro or have I been unlucky and I got a bad unit?
I have an issue with one of my xpros where it doesn't do TTL correctly. I also have the other trigger, X1 I think, that stopped working all together. I do some school photography and the xpro works pretty well but I would say the flashes might not fire once every 100 or so shots but that is with cabled heads.

I downloaded that user guide for the AD600 and could not find a section equivalent to what the AD200 can do, as shown (3 time settings, or Off):

AD200.jpg

I could not find a similar power management capability mentioned in the V680II manual either. But the AD360II has ability to turn off the single-setting power management
AD360II_user_manual.jpg

As I said, 'some' have it!

Last edited:
I wish there was a way to cable the AD600 because that would be an acceptable compromise to my predicament. I have the newest slave master made for Sony so I'll cross my fingers that was the issue, though I highly doubt it given I've tried to remedy this issue with 2 different generations of this slave master. TTL doesn't work for my needs so I haven't even tried to see if that helps anything. I'm tempted to just start shooting with Stella Pro constant light and be done with this issue once and for all.

I don't have the strobes with me for another 10 days so I can't test this until that time anyway. But I will confirm the sleep function is off on all of them. Thank you for excavating this. I unfortunately don't think this will change anything due to the fact that I'm getting inactivity within a matter of seconds after the previous shot. But its one less thing to worry about.

Well I'm back to square one. All of our best ideas here didn't make a lick of difference. Same issues as always. One thing I noticed this time around was that when I ran the scan off the slave master - trying to see if maybe there was a frequency interuption - the channels displayed as optimum were completely different from those I was shown the first time around. I changed the channels again but it was short-lived. So maybe this is simply a channel disturbance thing in this particular location? I never use those strobes anywhere else so I can't be sure. Does this diagnosis ring true with anyone's experience?

Well I'm back to square one. All of our best ideas here didn't make a lick of difference. Same issues as always. One thing I noticed this time around was that when I ran the scan off the slave master - trying to see if maybe there was a frequency interuption - the channels displayed as optimum were completely different from those I was shown the first time around. I changed the channels again but it was short-lived. So maybe this is simply a channel disturbance thing in this particular location? I never use those strobes anywhere else so I can't be sure. Does this diagnosis ring true with anyone's experience?
When I used Yongnuo, there’s a local venue close to here that disabled my flash transmitter. The culprit was apparently the volume reduction hardware they used for monitoring dj’s.

Switching to Godox fixed the issue.
I think the Yongnuo was 47mhz?

Could you use the Godox transmitter for power adjustments and fit a simple dumb trigger just for firing?

When I used Yongnuo, there’s a local venue close to here that disabled my flash transmitter. The culprit was apparently the volume reduction hardware they used for monitoring dj’s.

Switching to Godox fixed the issue.
I think the Yongnuo was 47mhz?

Could you use the Godox transmitter for power adjustments and fit a simple dumb trigger just for firing?
Yeah I've been trying to figure out a way to "dumb trigger" these strobes in order to resolve this issue, if it is indeed a channel thing in this location. So far no luck as the strobes have no ports for cabling them. I have considered having them fire optically from a hotshoe mounted speedlight but I haven't gone down that rabbit hole recently, and I don't know if its even a thing with the Godox AD600. I think I already tried this and its not a thing but I should revisit it. I had luck with some older Impact strobes back in the day, using their ports with cables that would connect to Aputure slaves, then I rigged a simple optical sensor to a speedlight and a slave master and somehow made all those wired strobes wireless. It was great! But those strobes didn't have a fast flash duration for stopping motion so I eventually moved on to these Godox. So in summary, my only recourse at the moment is to try and get all these AD600 to fire from their sensor instead of the wireless channel, and use the slave master for adjustments only. Otherwise, I'm going to buy or rent LED video lights and be done with this misfire issue altogether. I won't use these strobes in this same location for another 6 months so I have some time to tinker. If anyone has already solved the optical option, then I'm all ears. Its just frustrating that even the Godox reps don't have any options for me on this issue. I hate being the outlier who has to reinvent the wheel. But, neceessity is always a good teacher for future issues.

Last edited:
So far no luck as the strobes have no ports for cabling them. I have considered having them fire optically from a hotshoe mounted speedlight but I haven't gone down that rabbit hole recently, and I don't know if its even a thing with the Godox AD600
Theres a 3.5mm jack under a rubber flap.

Also there’s Slave off S1 and S2 modes.
S1 will fire from a single strobe flash, S2 for speedlights that pre flash.

So that’s 3 options.

If you don't need TTL or HSS, you could try a non-Sony version of the X-Pro (or other Godox) controller. A Nikon or Canon spec Godox controller will still trigger the lights and you'll be able to turn the power up and down from it. Attendees use my Nikon X-Pros on Canon, Sony, Fuji et al on Workshops.

The x1 and the x-pro ii (i think) have a single pin mode. Custom function 1 on on the x1 i believe. I use nikon x1 regularly on canons firing ad600bm models and it works fine with fewer, if any, misfires. Loss of ttl (no ttl on BM models anyway) and focus assist light is worth it for the more reliable triggering.

Back