Godox AD600Pro

I'm hoping the AD400 Pro will be the halfway house I was looking for all along, like others (presumably) the improvements in the AD600 Pro aren't worth double the price of the non-TTL AD600.

So which is it? You said it is not worth it and now you seem to be agreeing with me

I don't see why you're making a big deal out of this, yes obviously if you need something specific that's only found on the Pro it's no longer a question of if it's worth it or not, you need it and that's the end of the discussion.

If that's not the case then you're far better off saving half your money on the AD600BM instead.

I don't see why you're making a big deal out of this, yes obviously if you need something specific that's only found on the Pro it's no longer a question of if it's worth it or not, you need it and that's the end of the discussion.

If that's not the case then you're far better off saving half your money on the AD600BM instead.

The issue is that people give unqualified advice as in they do not qualify why they are giving that advice, as I originally said the AD600 may be suitable for many, but if you need that rapid recharge, the colour stability mode or even the more powerful LED then certainly it will not disappoint, add in TTL (Also available on the AD600) then you have a very useful piece of kit - having both I have to say that I much prefer the On/Off button and the LCD panel on the PRO, small things that make a big difference - as a balance the Profoto B1x is twice the price for what appear to be very similar specification, now I do not own and have not used the B1x so am not qualified to say if it is worth the extra but I do know owners that just love them.

Mike

Wouldn't your time be better spent establishing what the ops requirements are then? My point remains, for most people who don't need a specific Pro feature it's not worth twice the cost of the manual version.

As for the Profoto B1, its price doesn't take Godox into consideration as it launched before the Godox and had its place set in their product range. Profoto can't beat Godox on price so it's probably smartest for them not to try in the first place.

Wouldn't your time be better spent establishing what the ops requirements are then? My point remains, for most people who don't need a specific Pro feature it's not worth twice the cost of the manual version.

And if you read the thread you will see that mine was the first reply and I said
Great bit of kit however for some the AD600 may offer all they need

Mike

Mike

And if you read the thread you will see that mine was the first reply and I said

That looks suspiciously like unqualified advice that you've been complaining about.

So if you read the thread perhaps you should follow my advice and figure out what the op needs rather than being a pedant because you didn't like my advice.

That looks suspiciously like unqualified advice that you've been complaining about.

So if you read the thread perhaps you should follow my advice and figure out what the op needs rather than being a pedant because you didn't like my advice.

Definitely qualified, I have both but unless the OP replies and makes us aware of their needs I can not give the answers he would like

For me for a simple studio setup the AD600B does it all, 500 full power flashes, not that we ever use full power, consistent light in terms of power and colour. and with the X1 trigger system reliable flashes

Where the AD600PRO really scores is when we go outside, work tends to be faster in nature so recycling speed is important and often benefit from TTL being available.

Possibly I would have bought the AD600BM if the AD600PRO had been available at the same time instead of the AD600B however I have used the H1200B setup with the AD600B a few times and as that is not available for the AD600PRO at present so it is a case of using what best fits.

Add in a couple of AD200s, AD360IIs and V860IIs and I feel that I have a very versatile system that gives me extreme flability

Not sure that the AD400 is for me but would better integrate than the AD360IIs as most of the work I did with them I can do with AD200s

Whilst I do not have the lighting experience of @Garry Edwards I do have enough user experience and technical knowledge to qualify my answers for many people

Mike

Last edited:
I have two. One of them is amazing, the other one was intermittent and is being replaced by the Ebay vendor (Camzplus). I do wish the XPro trigger could assign groups to flashes, but aside from that, so far, I'm very impressed.

Two points I don't like:
- The umbrella holder is garbage. I've designed and am machining an upgrade to it because the supplied one can't hold anything larger than a 3ft brolly
- The lack of a handle by default - I didn't think this would bug me as much as it has, but if you're buying them, buy the handles!!

Back