Godox & Canon compatibility

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently own a couple of flashes - a Canon 580EXII and a 430EX. I use them almost exclusively in manual off camera but I wanted to move over to Godox but still use the current kit until it dies. Would the X1C trigger the Canons as well? I'm guessing yes but without TTL but I don't really need TTL anyway. If I wanted to eventually get an AD600BM would it trigger that too and if so would I be able to control the settings from the trigger? Thanks in advance, I'm getting a headache trying to figure it all out!

Yes you could use the X1T trigger with your flashguns, but you'd need receivers for them.

But that's true no matter what radio trigger you buy.

You'd get full manual or TTL control, not a lot to complain about really.

I think you're probably best selling the Canon flashes and replacing with TT685n flashes. This will allow triggering without an addition receiver on the flash units. The AD600 will work in the same way! All from the X1.

That's great, thanks both. I'd factored in the receivers for the Canons so that's not a problem. I don't mind having a few spares anyway so I'll keep the Canon flashes anyway even if I do go fully with the Godox kit.

@T_J_G @Phil V All sorted, 2 new TT658 flashes, 1 trigger and 2 receivers on their way all for about £50 less then what my Canon 580 cost 6 or so years ago. Cheers again. AD600 can wait for the moment.

Back