godox ec200

I’m not sure the AD200 benefits a great deal from this, how much space does it really save?

Reactions: TG.
I’m not sure the AD200 benefits a great deal from this, how much space does it really save?
I was thinking more of having the head separate from the body, so if it gets blown over the body does not get damaged.

I was thinking more of having the head separate from the body, so if it gets blown over the body does not get damaged.

Exactly my thoughts, also the added hotshoe foot means the head could be used on a camera - far too many reports of AD200s losing out in a simple argument with concrete because some fool has not used enough ballast on the lighting stand

Mike

Looks a bit gimmicky to me, I suppose you could have it on a stand with the body fixed to the stem of the stand but then your back to the same situation as the AD360 and you lose the portability, one of the reasons I got rid of my AD360 was I didn't want to faff about fixing the battery to the stand etc etc, the AD200 is much more portable on it's own if you set it up correctly on a stand and a sand bag or 2 at the base you in theory shouldn't have a problem with it blowing over, however I guess you can't prepare for every eventuality, the law of sod can always catch you out :) Anyway I won't be buying one anytime soon.

Looks a bit gimmicky to me

I agree it seems a little pointless if you're mounting to a stand given the existing options but it seems like a good idea for someone to mount directly to a camera, nothing else will be as lightweight or as powerful, just strap the body to your waist and off you go.

You do lose things like IR assist but I'm not seeing many other downsides.

I agree it seems a little pointless if you're mounting to a stand given the existing options but it seems like a good idea for someone to mount directly to a camera, nothing else will be as lightweight or as powerful, just strap the body to your waist and off you go.

You do lose things like IR assist but I'm not seeing many other downsides.

That’s a great idea... But wouldn’t the transmitter need the camera hotshoe?

Reactions: TG.
That’s a great idea... But wouldn’t the transmitter need the camera hotshoe?

Hrmm you're right, the shoe doesn't look like it does anything. I'll go with the earlier comments then, a couple of uses but fairly gimmicky...

I can see a few handy uses for that, especially for £30 (y)

It seems to have a standard 1/4" thread in the middle of the coldshoe as well which for me makes it a more attractive purchase.

Still available on Amazon but shipping from China.
I'm still considering whether a pair of AD200s would improve the lighting for my tabletop work. I'm currently using three Godox TT685s so probably not a lot but I still want them......

Back