Godox Firmware upgrade

BDW

Name
Brian Warman
Edit My Images
Yes
I am trying to upgrade the firmware for Godox V860 11 (Olympus). I have used the Godox site and followed all the instructions carefully, including removing the battery, etc, etc, etc. I have checked against you tube videos to make sure I am doing everything correctly. I am using a brand new data cable. I have even tried using the Flashpoint version of software. But I always get "connection failed" message. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software numerous times. Any thoughts as to what I am doing wrong?

Do you have the latest version of the firmware update software? If you have a Mac is it compatible? Do you need the upgrade? Perhaps one for their technical support as it doesn’t look easy.

Just checked the Instructions and no mention of removing the battery, try again with the battery in place, I am sure that's how I did it with mine.

Instructions

V860IIO Firmware Instructions
1. Please update the firmware with Godox firmware update software G1. G1 can be
downloaded on the official website. 2. Firmware Version Checking: Switch the flash on, then press the “Zm/C.Fn” button for 2
seconds and enter C.Fn custom functions. The firmware update version (e.g. Ver X.X) will be
displayed on the LCD panel. 3. Version Instructions:

Version Updated Contents Date
V1.4 1.Compatible with Godox wireless PENTAX X system. 2018-10-23
V1.3 1.Compatible with the new firmware of camera and adjust the
hot shot. 2018-06-10
V1.2 1. To add the option of wireless ID (C.Fn-ID);
2. To add the ON/OFF option of SLAVE mode indicator (C.Fn-Sv
LED). 2017-12-01
Note: For more details, please download the newest instruction manual on the official website

Just double checked this with my V860ii and the procedure is as follows.

Make sure you are using the G1 software.
Connect flash to computer using usb cable.
Battery must be fitted and fully charged.
Start the G1 application.
Load firmware.
Select Connect.
Select update.
Update only takes a few seconds.

Hope this has been of help

... am using a brand new data cable. ..
Was this one that came with the flash?
Some usb cables don't have all the wires connected (some uses don't need all wires connected) - is it possible to try a different lead?

did you get this sorted out?
I had problems with the godox triggers. to make it work, the batteries were out and the unit powered off. But also I had to implement some sort of driver installation in an awkward way.
There will be instructions on their website,

Back