Godox flash

Edit My Images
No
I have a TT685C and a XT1C. They work fine if there is some distance between the two units, but not if they are close. I gather this is usual although I don’t know the min. distance. I am trying some splashart photography which requires the camera and the external flash to be close together. Does this mean I need to use a pc sync lead or are there other solutions?

Apparently not uncommon so I've heard. Although I've never had a problem with mine, but then I use the XPro trigger.

Have you tried putting something like tin foil between them to cut down the strength of the signal? Theoretically, that should do it. You could call it a Bacofoil flag. ;)

Yes there is a minimum distance. It’s caught me out in the past. Approx 30cm if memory serves me well. I did find it in the manual eventually. I solved with a flash cable.

Is the xpro trigger much better? I went for the cheaper option as I do not use flash very often,

Good spot. I will try tomorrow, I have also ordered a sync cable although thus seems old tech.

Is the xpro trigger much better? I went for the cheaper option as I do not use flash very often,
Just been using my X-Pro trigger with an AD200 for some macro shots - hand holding the flash about a foot away from the trigger. Works 100% I'd definitely try the close mode as Tim suggested though (before you spend any money :) )

Found this on the web:

On the X1T, to turn on close mode: hold down the TEST button while turning on the transmitter until the Status light blinks for two seconds. The setting will clear when you power off the unit.

Try again tomorrow.

Back