Beginner Godox Flash

• Thread starter Deleted member 92080
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92080

I've been recommended to get a Godox flash unit and trigger.

From looking at the different models I get the impression that they are brand specific, I have a Nikon D3500.

It will be used mainly for table top and fill in, what model should I be looking at, and are modern lfash units easy to use and set up ?

From looking at the different models I get the impression that they are brand specific, I have a Nikon D3500.

It will be used mainly for table top and fill in, what model should I be looking at, and are modern lfash units easy to use and set up ?

I`ve got a couple of 685`s and an X1T trigger for my Fuji. Super easy to use, and set up.

TT350N or TT685N will be the flash units - The 350 is smaller and less powerful than the 685. Both use AAs - You can get a LiON version of the 685 (860?)
Table top - the TT350 will be perfectly adequate. Outdoors I think I would want the bigger one.

The trigger choices are X1T-N, X2T-N or XPro-N (I think you may have worked out how the Nikon Specific versions are named now :) You need the -N ones for nikon)

I use the XPro-F trigger with both the TT350F and TT685F (Fuji ones) and once you have the flashes in the wireless slave mode (it's different buttons on each) it's a doddle to set up groups, channels and different power settings. I've not used the other two, but the displays are smaller and less buttons - so I guess more shared functions.

TT350N or TT685N will be the flash units - The 350 is smaller and less powerful than the 685. Both use AAs - You can get a LiON version of the 685 (860?)
Table top - the TT350 will be perfectly adequate. Outdoors I think I would want the bigger one.

The trigger choices are X1T-N, X2T-N or XPro-N (I think you may have worked out how the Nikon Specific versions are named now :) You need the -N ones for nikon)

I use the XPro-F trigger with both the TT350F and TT685F (Fuji ones) and once you have the flashes in the wireless slave mode (it's different buttons on each) it's a doddle to set up groups, channels and different power settings. I've not used the other two, but the displays are smaller and less buttons - so I guess more shared functions.
Great information thanks

Personally I’d go for the 685, the 350 only has 2 AAs and therefore the recycling is frustrating.

Personally I’d go for the 685, the 350 only has 2 AAs and therefore the recycling is frustrating.
I tend to agree Phil, and the V860 is better still.
But for tabletop work, you're most likely to be at lower power settings, so the 350 would do.
You could also get 2 350s for not much more than 1 685, and less than the price of a 860.

However for outdoors fill, as I said, I would go for the 685. (Actually, an AD200 or 400 would be better, but then you're talking north of a monkey).

Agree and if you start using bounce techniques or modifiers the 350 is more frustating

Thanks for all the advice fellas,
I've gone for a 350 for table top work, and the 680 for other stuff, plus a trigger, so I can use them off camera

I use Godox trigger and 2 receivers for my Canon system, I love them.
I use 1 Canon flash and 1 Yongnuo and the whole system works perfectly. Learning curve but definitely worth it.

Back